Lieutenant
# 11
07-30-2014, 03:23 AM
I am working on a sequel to a DOff mission myself. There is a cluster DOff mission Establish Listening post in..... My DOff mission is The Rolor Nebula Incident, where the True Way discovers your listening post and kidnaps your crew, and threatens to execute them. Starfleet sends you in to get your people before the deadline.
Captain
# 12
07-30-2014, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutes View Post
I would love to create "Investigate Rumors of Klingon Intelligence " and let it end in Critical Disaster .

"I'm sorry to say we were unable to find any kind of intelligence"
Didn't you know? "Military intelligence" is always a contradiction in terms.
Capt. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Commander
# 13
07-30-2014, 01:49 PM
I'll have to check out the suggested ones. If anyone sees a doff mission that really needs making into a foundry mission, post it up and after my current project I think I may take a bash at it.

I have to say, a lot of the Klingon ones look interesting to do.

& Rose Tinted Mirror (Fed 31+)
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
08-20-2014, 01:45 PM
Might be fun to find out what kind of terraforming units the Romulans are building with chroniton torpedo plans...
Want to play with canon ship loadouts? Join the Star Trek Battles channel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orondis View Post
What we'll end up with is no intermediary between easy and hard difficulty, just super easy, easy and hard.
And the saddest thing is it won't stop the complaints.
Career Officer
# 15
08-20-2014, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueeenterprise View Post
I want to see this done as a coordinated effort. A lot.
Agreed.

Fellow STO Foundry authors, please consider tagging mission titles (based of DOff mission concepts) as:

DOff mission: (mission name)

That key naming convention might help players to find those missions.
Commander
# 16
08-23-2014, 12:40 PM
Good idea.
Duty Officer Assignment: might be better though, simply because that's what Onlyslightlybent already put in the titles of his/her two. Unless Onlyslightlybent's around at the moment and willing to change those two.

I've sometimes thought that a simple "Entertain Foreign Dignitaries" would be a good starting point. The dignitaries could be whoever/whatever you like, well-known Star Trek races with baggage or some unknown aliens you made up yourself; you could send any combination of interesting DOffs you like - a Gorn, the Orion Hologram (you DO need an Entertainer for that and she's an Entertainer...), the Breen chap, Dr. Sibak... and it could go wrong in any number of ways, from serious to slapstick - cultural misunderstandings, accidental poisoning, non-accidental poisoning, really badly timed outbreak of space-madness... Infinite screw-ups in infinite combinations

Last edited by wombat140; 08-23-2014 at 12:42 PM.
Career Officer
# 17
08-24-2014, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucana66 View Post
Agreed.

Fellow STO Foundry authors, please consider tagging mission titles (based of DOff mission concepts) as:

DOff mission: (mission name)

That key naming convention might help players to find those missions.
Unfortunately the character limit on mission titles (32 chars, IIRC) is way too short to support titles named directly after most DOff assignments.

For the same reason, to conserve characters maybe the tag should just be [DOff], in the same vein as the [Rom] tag used by some authors to identify missions designed for Romulan Republic toons (e.g. my getting-close-to-completion [Rom] Valley of the Shadow III).

Last edited by paxfederatica; 08-24-2014 at 05:43 PM.
Career Officer
# 18
08-25-2014, 11:56 AM
onlyslightlybent has two missions labelled "Duty Officer Report" ors omething like that based off doff missions, they're really good!

EDIT: Oh i see someone already posted about them

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-28-2014, 12:36 PM
The KDF spotlight "Grapok in the General's Lung" is, if you catch the hints, half of the plot revolves around the fallout from a "Host Black Market Contacts" DOFF spectacular-critical failure.
Real Sector Maps - Online Atlas - for Star Trek/STO
Foundry Missions:
Scepter of Minos * Grapok in the Generals Lung * The Sky Above, The Clouds Below * Legend of the Inspector General (16+) * Miridoor (41+) * Survival Must Be Earned (a Klingon Romeo and Juliet story)
Rihannsu
# 20
08-28-2014, 03:40 PM
Hunh, I've played that one and was wondering about it. cool.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.