Lt. Commander
# 1 What weapon was this?
02-02-2010, 12:44 PM
I was in some PvP and one of the Klingons had some sort of ridiculous weapon... it did about 250+ damage on the special attack (most of my health bar) and was AOE. The attack was some kind of big green sphere. I have no idea what kind of weapon was this but it seems like it's awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atemporal View Post
I was in some PvP and one of the Klingons had some sort of ridiculous weapon... it did about 250+ damage on the special attack (most of my health bar) and was AOE. The attack was some kind of big green sphere. I have no idea what kind of weapon was this but it seems like it's awesome.
Plasma torpedo combined with High Yield Torpedos BOFF skill. Yes its rather awesome, but you can shoot at it before it hits you.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 12:57 PM
I doubt he's talking about a torpedo if it's only hitting for 250 damage, he's probably meaning ground PvP weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KabaalGen
I doubt he's talking about a torpedo if it's only hitting for 250 damage, he's probably meaning ground PvP weapons.
Heh yeah, I should have been more specific, it's on ground.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 01:05 PM
It's not the weapon so much as the fact that he was undoubtedly a Tactical Officer with very high training in ground combat.

I'm the same way. I've shot people for close to 300 in T2, non-exploit, non-crit shot -- my damage is buffed, his resists are debuffed, I'm crouching and I have maxed out training in rifles (granted the average player has more than 300 hit points, plus his shield, but it's still a terrific hit).

The green ball weapon could be a few things but personally I use the split beam phaser rifle. IMO that's the best gun in the game for single shot damage.

I have yet to break 10,000 damage in a T2 ground PvP match but I have a screenshot of me doing something like 9987 damage in an Assimilated Cruiser match.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 01:10 PM
Green ball is probably disruptor. He's actually shooting an ae cone knockback expose attack.

He's using his debuff, is crouched, shooting flanking.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Blast assault gun, most likely plasma, because the disruptor version is yellow colored. There is a phaser version as well. Its not all that great, prob better in pve vs 5+ targets clumped together
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digglez
Blast assault gun, most likely plasma, because the disruptor version is yellow colored. There is a phaser version as well. Its not all that great, prob better in pve vs 5+ targets clumped together
Is it? I had the plasma gun, I didn't remember it being green.

The plasma gun is interesting. It has a chargeup, but a nice effect.

My plasma gun had both a radiation dot and plasma dot that were both as big as the actual damage itself. Very nasty weapon, but a little hard to use.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 01:37 PM
All my disruptor weapons are green. Are you sure?

And I have broke 1k damage in 1 shot. Just have to know how to spec your character and get lucky with a flank+expose+weapon power cell+weapon special.