Lt. Commander
Hail, fellow Starfleet officers.

I recently decided to check out the exchange, in hopes of finding a good new engineering console. However, I had some issues with it. Entire categories seemed to be empty: as an example, there were no engineering consoles. Not a single one, mind you. Also, there were no starship weapons on the Echange, at any rank, or any quality.

Meanwhile, other categories were loaded up, such as those trade goods used in DSX missions. There were tons of them on the exchange (most at ridiculous prices, but that's platers being greedy and not a bug, I assume).

Now, I understand that it is entirely possible that no players were selling any ship weapons or engineernig consoles. I set my search paramters to "All Ranks" and "All Qualities" just to make sure that there were no items of either type on the exchange, and both came up completely empty. However, this seems massively improbable to me.

Has anyone else experienced this wierd phenomemnon with th Exchange? Was I just really unlucky? Are there any known issues that the developers have commented on?

Thanks for any illumination you can provide.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 01:11 PM
No it does not work properly, i searched for one item in a categorie and after that i found in the whole category also items that should have showed up in my search but didnt.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 01:11 PM
The categories do not all work.

Keep it on Any Category and type "Console - Engineering" in the Search box. You'll get tons of results.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 01:22 PM
I've noticed that Tactical Consoles, for example, will show up when doing search ALL, and not under the category. You still can filter by rank and rarity, but they need to work on the categorization.