Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-02-2010, 12:53 PM
problem your just 1 paying customer of hundreds of thousands. You as an individual matter not to them
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerek_Raven
this is a releasy no beta account server down i cant login scince 30 minutes verry verry pooor!
There has yet to be an MMO on the market that has not experienced technical issues on release... Read your terms of service. There's a clause in there where Cryptic clearly states that they cannor guarantee that service will never be interrupted, and that by agreeing to the terms, whether you bothered actually reading them or not, you indicated that you understood this to be the case.

right now, STO's server is experiencing more traffic than it has up until this point. No matter how much planning and preparation actualluy goes into the development process concerning server load, NOTHING can make it possible to predict exactly how the systems will behave when it actually happens.

The good news is that once they iron out the kinks, then except for scheduled down time for preventive maintenance and the deployment of bug fixes and content updates, stability of the service should be pretty much constant, unless something breaks. Not even multi-million dollar corporations are immune to system crashes.

What I think thaty SHOULD happen is that they log the down-time. and when the server comes back up, it should credit that much time to all users who have an active paid subscription. Such time credit should be inserted into the subscription queue before any pending subscription entries, and a private message should be sent to the forum handle associated with each game account. Our $14.99 entitles us to 30 days of access. But access is impossible if the server is down. We should not be penalized for problems on their end. Not applicable to scheduled downtime.

They should have a little text entry on the login screen that indicates the next scheduled downtime, and the estimated length thereof with a warning that it could take longer.

Of course, what I think SHOULD BE and what IS are two different things. But if they were to do a time credit to everyone's account whenever they experience unscheduled down-time, there will be a lot less screaming on these forums... Most people will be like, "It's all good... I'm not losing any time..."
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enan
HELLO mr we are at release

#1 never ever expect **** to work right the first week or so of release, Warcrack was skewed for months think of it as patch day on other games, forget trying to play.

#2 it depends on what server cluster you want in on (like EVE)

#3 refere to the 9000000000000000000000000 other booohoo its broke threads that do nothing but let you rant. I mean did you expec tot me like oh **** our best customer mr. we are at release HELOOOO wants in get him in now!!!
Unless people complain, how will Cryptic become aware of the issue? I've seen my fair share of STO downtime (I was in the open beta after all), and I'm not one of those people who turn into this kid at the first hint of downtime or unavailability (I do have in fact have other things I can do with my time than play STO). I'm just interested in seeing how many other people are seeing the problem, and if they have come up with a solution.

Anyway, it seems to have resolved itself now, for me anyway.