Lt. Commander
Sheesh its things like this that dont do it for me.

Im downloading my retail (pfff) copy from direct2drive and the file is called,

Star_Trek_OB_ST_0_20100108a_dd.zip6

While i know techinically it will be the same as the open beta, it proves that the open beta WAS actually the retail game.

Couldnt the file name have been changed to at least 'fool us' that we werent just redownloading the beta client again.
--------------------------------------------

12/22/09 Star Trek Online Digital Deluxe Edition Please click the download button
to retrieve your key.

And it is definately the right box im clicking on , the beta box does nothing now.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 11:56 AM
if you already had the ob client why did you not just patch it up to full virsion as thats what will happen once you have re-downloaded it
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 12:06 PM
well yeah its the beta client

the patcher upgrades it for you, or would you perfer to download an entire 10gb of files just to apply a 500mb patch?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 01:47 PM
So really you just end up paying for the key.

If you pre order the game and have access to download a beta copy for the beta, why have a choice to download it again ?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urko View Post
So really you just end up paying for the key.

If you pre order the game and have access to download a beta copy for the beta, why have a choice to download it again ?
in case you change computer, or have a failure of the drive its stored on.

unlike physical copies you have no real back up in case of deletion unless you make one, and not everyone has the foresight to do that, so the game remains downloadable. (some games have a limit on the amount of times you can download it with some places)

its just a "quality of life" thing really.