Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarella
i dID NOT use paypal i used a CREDIT CARD - it was a visa CC - and they took the 1 from that !
That you'll get back, don't worry. I don't like it either but MANY places do it.

Deal with it.

Now, did you add your retail key? I've never seen another game make you forfeit your prepaid playing time because you cancelled your sub.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 02:06 PM
The 1/$1/1 Euro deposit is a standard Banking/Credit Card industry thing to ensure the card is valid - you'll get the 1 back tomorrow or the day after.

The only issue is if you're riding your limit, in which case, why the hell are you using your CC in the first place? (Sorry, I work for a bank and it's one of my pet peeves).
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZootCadillac
When you cancelled your subscription there was an option to either cancel right away or to play to the end of remaining game time. I guess you chose the first one ( you had to choose it because the second one was selected by default )

The 1 is a verification fee which will be returned to you.

In order to get your 30 days back you will have to re-activate the subscription and hope you are given the free time back before cancelling again, but with more care.
Ouch. Really they shouldn't allow this.

Or at least make it so you have to enter a security code to verify you want to quit right away.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2010, 02:12 PM
This is a nightmare and yes to the person who works for a bank- on the limit with my cc- thats why i cancelled so quick as didnt want anymore charges on it- but lo and behold- dodgy cryptic with their force the bill on you or loose the remaining days! i want a response from thier dev teams if this is true!!

better pray its not !!

And yes i have used the retail key to setup the hwole thing in the firstt place!!!
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2010, 02:15 PM
It's SOP.

Standard operating procedure. You'll get it back.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2010, 02:22 PM
ok i resubbed and got the 30 days free back- so be very carefull if your intending to cancel your sub - need some clarification from the dev team over this issue- as its seems well dodgy and scrupulous business tactics- its scaring me into not trusting them at all with any other games!!

If i wastn such a st/sci fi fan i wouldnt touch this with a 100 mile barge pole!
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2010, 02:24 PM
Quote:
This is a nightmare and yes to the person who works for a bank- on the limit with my cc- thats why i cancelled so quick as didnt want anymore charges on it- but lo and behold- dodgy cryptic with their force the bill on you or loose the remaining days! i want a response from thier dev teams if this is true!!

better pray its not !!

And yes i have used the retail key to setup the hwole thing in the firstt place!!!

Cryptic did not force the bill on you or lose your game time.

Here is the page as it was delivered to you with the default cancellation option selected.

http://s1.b3ta.com/host/creative/475...181/cancel.gif

Now, if you cancelled the credit card transaction then you failed to go through with the sale. What you needed to have done was go through with the transaction and then cancel the subscription from within your account as shown above.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Quote:
ok i resubbed and got the 30 days free back- so be very carefull if your intending to cancel your sub - need some clarification from the dev team over this issue- as its seems well dodgy and scrupulous business tactics- its scaring me into not trusting them at all with any other games!!

If i wastn such a st/sci fi fan i wouldnt touch this with a 100 mile barge pole!
I'm not really sure what the issue is. Even gas stations ping your card with a small fee to make sure the card is valid before letting you fill up. And the cancellation options are pretty straightforward if you take the time to read them.

I'm locking this as the issue seems to have been resolved and this isn't the place to discuss how credit card companies work.
Closed Thread