Lt. Commander
# 21
02-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabbldets
I am only two episodes into season 2

Guess it is a little early to say whether it is good or not, maybe it was just the 2 part season finale followed by the vulcans in time episode which threw me, kinda swinging from up high to slow down, episode three starting now
It was an interesting episode...but it really was just a "Fluff" episode. Was filler only.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus
It was an interesting episode...but it really was just a "Fluff" episode. Was filler only.
Yup, its getting better, eps 3 was good, nice character builder and the follow on with four is new, not much continuity in the first season.

Ep 4 is going good so far, im intrigued
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-02-2010, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabbldets
Only thing I find though is that they seemed to decide after 7 of 9 that they must have a hot woman in tight clothes doing things which show off her assets. Nothing wrong with some eye candy but they seem to go out of their way to show it.

Thats nothing new. It started with the Mini-skirts and Thigh High boots the ladies wore in the original ST. Then with TNG Crusher was kinda hot (for a older woman). Voyager had Kess first then 7 of 9 ....

mmmmm....candy
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-02-2010, 03:37 PM
Seasons 1&2 were mostly butt except for a handfull of episodes from each. On the other hand, seasons 3&4 were excellent with only a hand full of episodes from each not worth watching. The best of these was "In a Mirror Darkly I&II". Which makes it the 800th episode of Star Trek to ever air, either way you count the pilot of TOS.

I was really disappointed when I read on Memory Alpha with what they planned to do in season 5 of the show. Combs character Shraan was going to become a bridge officer on Enterprise! They were going to visit the Cloud City! And they were even going to do an episode based on the Caitians, which has never been done (as live action) on screen before! They were also going to re-visit the Mirrorverse to show how the empire was developing under Empress Sato, and show us some kind of tradition where all the different regional governments pay tribute in gifts. Not sure where that was going, and now we'll probably never know. So sad.

Regards,
-Grey
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-02-2010, 03:39 PM
The show has it's own charm.
Only seen a few episodes myself. And I liked them.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Enterprise is definitely worth sticking with. The only downside is the last episode, which is rather poor. Mind you I'm one of the six or seven people who liked DS9 and Voyager from the start, so I'm no judge of these things.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus
I've loved every character Coombs played...expecially Liquidator Brunt. AWESOME character.
Ya, they should start a new series around the voyages of Starfleet Captain Shran, formally Commander Shran of the Andorian Imperial Guard.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-02-2010, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyusurper View Post
Seasons 1&2 were mostly butt except for a handfull of episodes from each. On the other hand, seasons 3&4 were excellent with only a hand full of episodes from each not worth watching. The best of these was "In a Mirror Darkly I&II". Which makes it the 800th episode of Star Trek to ever air, either way you count the pilot of TOS.

I was really disappointed when I read on Memory Alpha with what they planned to do in season 5 of the show. Combs character Shraan was going to become a bridge officer on Enterprise! They were going to visit the Cloud City! And they were even going to do an episode based on the Caitians, which has never been done (as live action) on screen before! They were also going to re-visit the Mirrorverse to show how the empire was developing under Empress Sato, and show us some kind of tradition where all the different regional governments pay tribute in gifts. Not sure where that was going, and now we'll probably never know. So sad.

Regards,
-Grey
Yeah...When I heard they killed it...I was sad...I knew they had actual story lines for up to a concluding 7th season...but there are conflicting rumors at how far they were developed. Shraan was supposed to join the crew out of loyalty to Archer. but not a full member of Starfleet...He was to be, like Phlox and T'Pal an "Advisor"

They were going to fully introduce the rest of the NX class...and supposedly the Warp 6 Engine project, as well as several other fan requests from the last 30 years that never made it into any series. There was even a rumor that the Ferengi show up again...but still remain anonymous.

That episode was fun...I liked it. Some people were mad...but they did it right. They NEVER said they were Ferengi.....
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Wasn't a big fan of the Suliban storyline, but when it got to the Xindi attack man o man that was pretty entertaining.

I have to say the characters did grow on me, probably not as much as TNG crew but still their personalities were fleshed out nicely through the series. Plus I think it's pretty cool they had Srhan and andorrians working with them in many episodes I thought they were cool, and their homeplanet as well.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-03-2010, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWinkie View Post
Thats nothing new. It started with the Mini-skirts and Thigh High boots the ladies wore in the original ST. Then with TNG Crusher was kinda hot (for a older woman). Voyager had Kess first then 7 of 9 ....

mmmmm....candy
Thats quite true I guess, maybe I just didn't notice as much when i was younger