Lt. Commander
# 21
02-01-2010, 02:06 PM
thank you so much Kakurenbo
mod sticky this pls
Lt. Commander
# 22 key map
02-02-2010, 10:26 AM
I've spent a few days mapping the keys to the controller and have come up with something that I think is pretty useful. It definitely makes space combat a lot of fun. (to be clear, you'll have to use the keyboard for many things, but this allows you to play most of the game using the x360 controller.)

I'll post my /bind files when I get home tonight. (and yes, the space controls look a little insane, but are actually very easy to get used to/ remember) [images attached]
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond.makowski View Post
I've spent a few days mapping the keys to the controller and have come up with something that I think is pretty useful. It definitely makes space combat a lot of fun. (to be clear, you'll have to use the keyboard for many things, but this allows you to play most of the game using the x360 controller.)

I'll post my /bind files when I get home tonight. (and yes, the space controls look a little insane, but are actually very easy to get used to/ remember) [images attached]

On your space setup, where you refer to tactical, engineering and science binds -- are you binding the actual bridge officer abilities or just the hotbar slots that have those abilities in them? I've been trying to figure out what commands I would need to bind to execute a bridge officer ability, so would be very interested in seeing it if that's the case.

In the setup I've been using, I have all the first row of hotbar slots bound to various button combinations (Ltrigger X-Y-B-A, Rtrigger X-Y-B-A), but the problem I'm running into is that it wants to display those button shortcuts rather than the number keys on the hotbars, which gets rather... ugly. I can't seem to find a way to make the number keys show instead of the controller shortcuts; no matter which order I bind things in, it always wants to put the controller binds in the "first" slot in the key bindings, which then become visible on the hotbars themselves. It does work, though.

As a workaround, I started binding them to the hidden second bar and duplicating all the buttons there, with the visible bar just for display purposes (to see the cooldowns). It's unwieldy, though, especially when you want to remap something, so I'm looking for a better way of doing this.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-02-2010, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendeth View Post
I was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem I was, when I am in sector space my left joystick turns the ship and my right joystick turns the camera. But then whem im in system space my left joystick still turns the ship but my right joystick does nothing. Is this normal and if so how would I change the left stick to control the camera
Go into options and turn camera from follow target to Free camera and you should be good to go!
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullspace
On your space setup, where you refer to tactical, engineering and science binds -- are you binding the actual bridge officer abilities or just the hotbar slots that have those abilities in them?

the problem I'm running into is that it wants to display those button shortcuts rather than the number keys on the hotbars, which gets rather... ugly.
I tried doing that using Kakurenbo's command lines, but was unable to get it to work. so I have had to do the same as you describe, and the bindings (joy12 etc) show up in the top of the tray graphics. Kinda clunky looking, but not a big deal for me.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Here is my current layout that is still evolving.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-02-2010, 02:37 PM
nice. wish I could use voice command, but I am rocking the XP, so that's a no go for me. looks like it's freed a lot of space for you on the sticks. I understand that the layout works for you, but I feel that you've missed a chance to nerd out by mapping the BO skills by color!

(still get a kick out of "fly her apart" LOL)
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond.makowski View Post
nice. wish I could use voice command, but I am rocking the XP, so that's a no go for me. looks like it's freed a lot of space for you on the sticks. I understand that the layout works for you, but I feel that you've missed a chance to nerd out by mapping the BO skills by color!

(still get a kick out of "fly her apart" LOL)
LOL LOL
I more than make up for it with my voice commands.

My wife has gave me more than a few looks when I call a red alert Riker style, or screaming AFT SHIELDS! AFT SHIELDS! in a heavy fire fight.

Another fellow had a piece of 3rd party software to do the trick for XP.
Its in the Beta Archives
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=85310
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Hey guys. I had the controller all set up and working great for my ground combat but after todays launch my movment on the left thumb stick is not working right. I had left it as default. The game picked it up and work great. now when I try to move its all most like lag. My guy studders forward. If I try to bind it, backwards wont work and turning isnt right. Any ideas? Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-02-2010, 08:13 PM
I'm actually getting the same thing when using the 360 controller. Space combat works great, but on the ground my guy stutters forward. Looks like they fixed one thing and broke another.