Lt. Commander
# 1 So, pricing
02-01-2010, 02:41 PM
I live in Australia, I can't seem to find any info on pricing for the APAC/Oceania region, tho it may be split into multiple prices on that level too considering that game companies heavily subsidise costs for games in China/singapore/Malaysia for no apparent reason except to **** people off.

Anyway, i'm getting sidetracked, i shudder to ask this, but what are the costs for star trek online subscriptions in Australia. I was looking forward to this game until i saw it was nearly 100AUD for a 6 month subscription (Converting from USD to AUD on the United states fees), which makes the game cost 200 a YEAR to play (f&^k that for a joke, seriously)

Anyone got some pricing details? And if i buy it off steam, (apparently it's just got STP listed as 49.99USD), is that just the game itself sans subscriptions or does that include subscriptions for a month or two or something?

this game is the only reason we haven't seen a Star Trek Armada 3, Bridge Commander 2, etc, etc, etc, in the last 3 or 4 years but i wont bow to price gouging just to play some star trek games.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 04:33 PM
shameless bump.

Yes i know, only 2 hours or so but it's getting buried fast.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 04:48 PM
I'm in Australia also, I haven't seen anything about subs for Australia either unfortunately, all I have seen is the information released on this site which is US prices
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 11:25 PM
i found one , it is SGD $69.90 but i am not sure how much will the shipping cost for you
http://www.gameshop.com.sg/product_i...oducts_id=5899 (admin do remove the link, if this is against any forum rules on posting such web sites)
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Mingz: thanks for the help, but that means nothing. We want subscription prices, not costs to buy the game.