Lt. Commander
# 1 billing
02-02-2010, 11:24 AM
why cant i use the 30 day free time . and when it runs out ill pay for time then .i would like to play this game 1st before i go to work
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 11:37 AM
I agree too, but I guess Cryptic really wants to make sure they make some money off of us.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 12:00 PM
I agree and have exactly the same issue. I got my new key from direct2drive.co.uk today then tried to activate it via this site but it wants me to commit to a subscription before I can actually activate my purchase.

Some people on this forum are suggesting that we enter a subscription anyway then cancel it before Cryptic take any money. But is that really a good idea?

Besides it seems the subscription service isn't working right now so it's a dead-end either way.

Wouldn't it be better if it allowed us to activate the game purchase separately from our subscription purchases?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain-Thai
I agree and have exactly the same issue. I got my new key from direct2drive.co.uk today then tried to activate it via this site but it wants me to commit to a subscription before I can actually activate my purchase.

Some people on this forum are suggesting that we enter a subscription anyway then cancel it before Cryptic take any money. But is that really a good idea?

Besides it seems the subscription service isn't working right now so it's a dead-end either way.

Wouldn't it be better if it allowed us to activate the game purchase separately from our subscription purchases?
yes it would .this is just BS hell they got $53 from when i got game now they want another $14.99 lol
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Seriously? I can only assume not a single on of you poster's have played a MMO in your gaming history? All MMOs do this. You have to subscribe to activate your account. You will get your free 30 days, and then, with the magic of having pre-emptively entered your information, you are saved from doing it again and your payments start automatically... amazing huh. To think that every single MMO I have ever played has done this.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 12:13 PM
My god people. Just cancel 2-3 weeks into your free 30 days if you do not feel like paying to play it.

Is it really that hard.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 12:38 PM
In all honesty it wouldn't be so bad if I could find a game card, but there is no store around me, including Gamestop, that has them.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Welcome to mmo gaming noobs, if you dont like the way mmo's like sto billing is set up the just dont play them.....EVERY mmo thats good or worthwhile is the same way.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 03:27 PM
I have managed to get it working by selecting a monthly subscription with the Paypal option (Cryptic service is up and running now). All they do is transact 1 for account proof. Paypal let's you can cancel at any time before the first payment is taken.

As for the grandiose replies - thanks for venting your anger but I myself have played other MMO's (and we all had to start some where didn't we?).

Go vent your troll anger else where!