Lt. Commander
I want to see my avatar sitting in the captain's chair of the bridge, surrounded by her crew.

I really hate how Sector Space looks/functions!

Here's an idea:
  1. Change Sector Space to a first-person perspective.
  2. Put Sector Space inside of a view port window.
  3. Put the view port window inside the ship's bridge instance area.
  4. Show the player's avatar and their bridge officers on the bridge, in front of the view screen.
  5. Allow for zooming/enlarging of the view screen to navigate the map or move about in Sector Space.
Thoughts?
Leslee
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 03:04 PM
My thought is that this has been suggested approximately eleventy billion times. It's not gonna happen, at least for a while. They've plenty of more important things to do.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 03:10 PM
There are "eleventy billion" people playing this game?

Wow. No wonder their servers keep crashing.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 03:20 PM
I think sector space looks horrid.

I think the bridge looks even worse.

Combine the two ... meh.

I would like to see both of these things changed, dramatically, in the future. But I don't think that's the way to go. We'd all end up sitting in a chair staring at a screen displaying someone sitting in a chair staring at a screen.

Unless there's some ... oh, I dunno ... Character Interaction with the bridge crew? There's really no point to pull the P.O.V. in that tight during prolonged periods.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leslee
There are "eleventy billion" people playing this game?

Wow. No wonder their servers keep crashing.
This suggestion has been around on the Closed and Open Beta forums for a while. I agree, really. Though I had a different suggestion regarding Sector Space (which is really Warp Space). I would like for them to ships at Warp look like they are at Warp, rather than in an arcade game... I'd definitely settle for a Bridge view... if they make the bridge attractive.