Lt. Commander
# 1 Galaxies
02-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Just got a note from SWG asking me to come back for some free game play. Funny how that was timed with the STO launch!!! Good luck with that strategy.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 03:55 PM
I cancelled three accounts that I had over 6 years, to Play this game!!!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 04:13 PM
I logged in both my accounts last night. They have a zombie area on Dathomir which I heard is pretty challenging, and now they have a planetary control system for the GCW. I did a battle in Bestine as a medic and was so freaking confused and when the fighting finally started I was spending half the time twiddling my thumbs the other half shooting bad guys. I would say it is a desperate attempt to keep players from going to STO and to get back subs they've already lost which I'm sure they have.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 04:17 PM
That update was supposed to incorporate both space and ground combat into the planetary control system. Rumour has it that they had to rush it (unfinished, surprise surprise) out in time for the STO launch...

Desperate move is... obvious XD
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 04:19 PM
yes i heard rumors that they were gonna have it so that whoever won battles in space got to give a huge boon to those fighting on the ground, to give folks a reason to go in space

But yes the thing wasn't necessarily buggy, just looked like re-hashed content and very poorly executed. I did not 'feel' involved in a galactic war whatsoever all night i just felt like i was clicking pylons and waiting around for NPC's to get annihilated
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Actually this is the Annual Former Subscriber Lure-Backô; I tried a 14-day trial about three years ago, and though I liked the space combat, I couldn't afford an MMO. Then February of the next year they sent me an email asking me to come back and see all the cool stuff they'd added (it was some tweaks and the TCG), and with more cash, I subb'ed up, after about a year, I saw another 'free month'. Lost interest in wandering around ghost towns, so I cancelled. Just got this year's 'please come back' email today.

TL;DR? SWG's 'come back for a month' is not coincided with STO's launch, but with February and IRL St. Valentine's Day - their 'Ewok Festival of Love' is the parallel in-game event.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaded-empath
'Ewok Festival of Love'
:p

LMAO

Ewok's some of the most fun shooting in the game. Too bad they weren't made part of the crafting system, I would have loved to have a hat made of one.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 02:06 PM
all i do when i go back to SWG is collect my vet rewards, refill my Bunkers maintnence and sit on my favorite spot on a hill overlooking a lake on Dant and consider the future of SWG.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Zzzzzz 4 words...1 Ent in Eisley. EISLEY! I played through the death of Cnet, Theed, and finally Eisley. SWG could not be revived by even divine intervention. the grave marker old receipts in a forgotten drawer.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 04:26 PM
they are permanently closing down like half the servers, seems the couple thousand (at most) that still play are mostly on starsider now.

space & crafting were phenomenal in that game, rest couldn't much care for