Lt. Commander
# 1 Borg BOFF DELETED?
02-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Perhaps I'm just being incredibly stupid - making assumptions where I shouldn't have. That said, it seems that I permanently deleted my Federation Borg BOFF. Sort of - this is where my assumption is part of the problem.

So...

After entering my STO Retail Key I claimed my Federation Borg Bridge Officer. I went through the customization before I realized the the Borg BOFF was an Engineer. Not even considering that I would LOSE the Borg BOFF from my toon permanently. Of course, it seems that is exactly what happened. When I went back to the C-Store to reclaim the Borg BOFF the message states that it can only be claimed once per character.

That is just ridiculous. It seems completely unreasonable to force me to create an entirely new character simply to re-claim or re-create my Borg BOFF. Why is the special reward BOFF treated exactly the same as one you can spend 100 merit points on? Nowhere is it stated that the discharge of the reward would result me being able to claim it again. I understand one BOFF per character but this goes a bit too far.

I've been happy with the game up to this point - and paid for a lifetime subscription - but this really does seem unfair. Yes, I CAN start all over and create a new character and claim my Borg BOFF but I shouldn't HAVE TO.

I've reported this in-game but I wanted to make mention of it here in case anyone else makes the same mistake I did and hopefully someone at Cryptic will take notice and address this issue. I really don't want to give up my toon for this.

Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 04:49 PM
I hate to break it to you, but it appears that the Borg BOff can be nothing but an engineer.. read on:

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.startrekonline.com/exclusives
Borg Bridge Officer
Each character created receives a reclaimed Borg Bridge Officer to assist him in space and on the ground. The Borg Bridge Officer possesses unique abilities not otherwise available to players. Bridge Officers can serve with the players for the entire game experience. These special Officers are customizable and have the following starting powers:

Ground Abilities
Space Abilities

Ensign: Shield Recharge 1
Lieutenant: Weapons Malfunction II
Lt. Commander: Shield Generator Malfunction II
Commander: Reroute Power to Shields III
Ensign: Emergency Power to Shields I
Lieutenant: Engineering Team II
Lt. Commander: Directed Energy Modulation II
Commander: Aceton Field III
Copy/paste is being a pain, but there it is, there is nothing indicating any other paths.

http://www.startrekonline.com/exclusives

By the way, it will be a bug, /bug it, because it should reflag itself as unclaimed if deleted.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdeathtoall View Post
I hate to break it to you, but it appears that the Borg BOff can be nothing but an engineer.. read on:

Copy/paste is being a pain, but there it is, there is nothing indicating any other paths.

http://www.startrekonline.com/exclusives

By the way, it will be a bug, /bug it, because it should reflag itself as unclaimed if deleted.

Engineer I can live with. Thanks for the info I'm off to log a bug.

Of course, when I try to log a new Ticket I get "Could Not Connect. Please Try Again Later." Oh the perils of Launch Day.