Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Lieutenant
# 21
08-27-2014, 04:21 PM
This is what I would like to see happen:
1.) Restore the old mechanism for DO assignment and R&D project completion.
2.) Chain in the new code to check assignments & projects after (1) has completed
3.) Chain in an escape mechanism to auto complete (success / non-crit) anything that hasn't been processed by (1) or (2).

Note: I contend that giving the user an automatic success (as per #3 above) for the unfortunate few would far outweigh the current hamfisted approach that impacts every person who touches the DO interface.

When 9.5 went live I had no problems whatsoever. I did not know anyone who had any DO or R&D problems. Once the 'fix' went live everyone has to slog through multiple minutes of completions in order to proceed with DOffing and crafting. It is a major downer (negatively impacts my enjoyment of the game) to have to manage my play experience around this 'fix'.

It is not uncommon for me to have 20+ DO assignments waiting in the queue on multiple characters. I am not happy with the current state of the game.

Last edited by ironchefbbq; 08-27-2014 at 04:24 PM.
Lieutenant
# 22
09-06-2014, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fftt View Post
I think they throttled the system to help with an assignment (KDF - Respond to subordinate challenge) that would not complete in a timely manner and prevent all the following assignments from also completing. I gather from other threads that this wasn't very effective - so now players still get stuck assignments and with the fun, fun two minute wait for any assignments to complete after logging on.
Here's an idea they could have tried: just remove that DOFF assignment altogether and restore things.

Lieutenant
# 23
09-07-2014, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonfrontier View Post
Here's an idea they could have tried: just remove that DOFF assignment altogether and restore things.

I think they want to avoid the inevitable comments of 'anything that is broken, they just cut out' after the exploration cluster removal.
Empire Veteran
# 24
09-07-2014, 05:47 AM
i think of it as just another timegate
less cool is having my research doffs vanishing into the void.
free jkname
HouseOfBeautiful.org | /channel_join House of Beautiful
free t5 access for all!! | /channel_join NoP Public Service
Lieutenant
# 25
09-07-2014, 01:23 PM
Three weeks... Still not fxed.... I'm done checking back every week... I guess I am on a long hiatus and if in a couple months or so when I give it another shot, if it's still brokn, I guess I'm not playing anymore.

A time gate is exactly what I see this as and exactly why it's unacceptable.. This game has enough time gates already without adding this BS.
Lieutenant
# 26 Still Broken
09-11-2014, 11:42 PM
I see Cryptic and PWE don't care about lost traffic, players and income. Been 4 weeks now and the Doffs and R&D stuff is still broken - worse than it ever was before.

I'm not playing and as a lifer that has bought into this game quite a bit, I am walking away, with prejudice against Cryptic and PWE and am now to the same position here as I have been with other companies in the past: It gets fixed so that I can play the game I paid to play or neither ever sees a dime of my money again.

It's been a month now that the Doff assignments trickle in over several minutes completely ruining my mood to play the moment I log in. I put up with it for a week. I can't tolerate it anymore so until it's fixed, I am not playing. I am not playing, I am not contributing, I am not generating an income, I am not bringing in new players with my STO twitch stream and I am infact badmouthing your current product and steering potential customers away from it, as currently broken.

I want to be playing, but that means being able to log in and mess with the most important thing to me in the game - The Doffs - without being made to wait for the game to finish what it should (and in the past would have) long since already finished.... I'm not playing this to wait around on the servers, so until this gets fixed, I'm not playing. I'm only showing up once a week to see if it's still broken, which so far it is, and that once a week will eventually become once a month and then not at all.
Empire Veteran
# 27
09-12-2014, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vizhonia View Post
I see Cryptic and PWE don't care about lost traffic, players and income. Been 4 weeks now and the Doffs and R&D stuff is still broken - worse than it ever was before.

I'm not playing and as a lifer that has bought into this game quite a bit, I am walking away, with prejudice against Cryptic and PWE and am now to the same position here as I have been with other companies in the past: It gets fixed so that I can play the game I paid to play or neither ever sees a dime of my money again.

It's been a month now that the Doff assignments trickle in over several minutes completely ruining my mood to play the moment I log in. I put up with it for a week. I can't tolerate it anymore so until it's fixed, I am not playing. I am not playing, I am not contributing, I am not generating an income, I am not bringing in new players with my STO twitch stream and I am infact badmouthing your current product and steering potential customers away from it, as currently broken.

I want to be playing, but that means being able to log in and mess with the most important thing to me in the game - The Doffs - without being made to wait for the game to finish what it should (and in the past would have) long since already finished.... I'm not playing this to wait around on the servers, so until this gets fixed, I'm not playing. I'm only showing up once a week to see if it's still broken, which so far it is, and that once a week will eventually become once a month and then not at all.
Give it four years, and then you'll be able to compete with the KDF Diplomacy officer bug...

Their priorities are the game-breaking stuff first, then lesser big stuff, and work their way down all the way to this - no matter how tedious it is, it simply isn't really a big issue per se, technical-wise. Then add in they need to track down the issue exactly/reproduce it (which isn't as easy as it sounds), then come up with a potential fix, test it to see if it works, and repeat if needed. And that's if they're even working on that particular bug - the bigger stuff get the luxury of exclusion-of-all-else, but not necessarily this

Just how things have operated

...and imo, even if it is the most important part of the game to you, getting that upset is a little (lot) overreacting
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Commander
# 28
09-12-2014, 03:59 AM
That it is still happening is a huge disappointment, that Devs haven't even answered whether or not it's a bug or WAI is just insulting to the playerbase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
Traits aren't really power creep - they're lateral power movement
Captain
# 29
09-12-2014, 04:26 AM
This change was deliberate. At least in part a failed attempt to fix the stuck assignements people had (which I believe are by now finally resolved).

I can only hope they see it as a temporary addition (somehow helpful in ultimately squashing the 'stuck assignements' bug) and redo it soon. However it can also be interpreted as a deliberate additional time sink and another recent blow (though small, compared with others) to doffing. In that case, we're screwed as it'll definitely stay.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Empire Veteran
# 30
09-12-2014, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeeinn1t View Post
That it is still happening is a huge disappointment, that Devs haven't even answered whether or not it's a bug or WAI is just insulting to the playerbase.
The simple fact remains; many of them are not obligated to answer us at all, but some still do despite the shark-infested forum waters

We simply can't control what they do answer to - so saying the lack of answer is an insult can seem like more self-entitled than anything
Was named Trek17, but still an author.