Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 03:57 PM
It gets harder. Soon all your missions will be all +3 or +5 enemies. Well... not soon. You start seeing it a tiny bit on a few later Klingon missions. Then it gets more common with Romulans. Then by the time you're doing Cardassian missions they're very tough.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taraq. View Post
Combat at low lvls is easy. It gets more challenging at higher lvls
This. Especially once you start taking on stuff two or three grades above you.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 04:37 PM
how about adding a info to the Quest Giver how difficult the mission is that you are accepting?

So i could just ignore that -1 and -2 lvl enemies who only let me *yawn*...

Therefore you would get more XP doing +5 or +10lvl missions and get less if you just keep on going with the easy cake

actually i liked it getting ***** by Klingon Negh'Var's in start of Open Beta... now i dont even need any shield skills but i have 3 of them.

from a canon point of view it is pretty lame to even fight Negh'Var's with those old TMP Ships.
Same on the Klingon front... if i fly a low lvl Bird of Prey i should know better then to attack a high Tier 5 Federation Cruiser on my own... but actually i can kill them without much effort

I would like to see new Enemy Ship Tiers as i progress myself and see them getting tougher... As it is now you will have seen every Klingon-Enemy ShipType by LVL 5...

it is not as if the Klingons would level their shields and weapons down to have a fair fight against a weaker Ship... they would KILL you... and sing Songs about it!
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Id like to see player customizable dificulty sliders/options. They did it in CoX so there is the experience at Cryptic to impliment such a scheme.

Hopefully given time the Devs can come up with something that can accomodate all of us with our varying gaming wants.

I personally think it would be awesome to have the option for perma death. That can really make a game intense. I loved that in Jagged Aliance 2.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2010, 04:49 PM
There's no need for a death penalty, the time penalty is enough.

But yes, it gets harder the higher you go. At T3 your enemies start using some pretty fancy skills on you. Romulans love using Viral Matrix to lock you down, Photonic Shockwave to take out your boarding parties and High Yield Torpedoes, and so on.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2010, 05:31 PM
this game is defnetly way too easy im lvl 24 and i have fought things +6-7 without any difficulty my hull hardly ever gets below 25% (science vessel both choices) it s just not fun, and there is so few quests i do all that i get as soon as i get them so constantly doing the higher lvl quest because i have no choice. feels like 1 quest per lvl. repeatable are a option but most are broken (resource battles/romulan enemy signals) Way to easy no variety no risk.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2010, 05:41 PM
You can make your own penalty by picking a play style, but then the peer accomplishment does not exist, since other people play under different rules.

And there are lots of ways to have a death penalty, could just put a players percentage of deaths to completed missions as a achievement title next to name.

Ironman rank would be almost no deaths, Red shirt, would be title for many deaths, and cannon fodder would be someone that dies in almost every mission, that would be funny.

So you would get a PVE rank title.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem View Post
this game is defnetly way too easy im lvl 24 and i have fought things +6-7 without any difficulty my hull hardly ever gets below 25% (science vessel both choices) it s just not fun, and there is so few quests i do all that i get as soon as i get them so constantly doing the higher lvl quest because i have no choice. feels like 1 quest per lvl. repeatable are a option but most are broken (resource battles/romulan enemy signals) Way to easy no variety no risk.
your level 24 in less then a week?
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariosto View Post
There's no need for a death penalty, the time penalty is enough.

But yes, it gets harder the higher you go. At T3 your enemies start using some pretty fancy skills on you. Romulans love using Viral Matrix to lock you down, Photonic Shockwave to take out your boarding parties and High Yield Torpedoes, and so on.

you mean 15 seconds? I agree that changes the battle since tide can turn on a few ships in pvp out for 15 seconds and another 5 to return.

But 15 seconds play time, really does not equate to a reason to worry about not dying in game.

PVP in an areana makes sense, to much of a pentalty would make everyone wanting someone else to get in danger while they sat back, limiting combat, but in PVE it is a bit different.