Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-02-2010, 05:47 PM
still getting crashes. i have turned all the graphics down to lowest, medium , best performance. all combonations have had a crash after 5-10 mins playtime. *sigh*
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Same here, crash after crash. Started with today's patch. Never had it before, even in OB.
AA off, AF x16, DL off, PP off, Quality 100%.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Did you get that program I linked? It will tell you exactly what the error is and what is causing is.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngaio View Post
Same here, crash after crash. Started with today's patch. Never had it before, even in OB.
AA off, AF x16, DL off, PP off, Quality 100%.
hmmm, i never had it on my other pc, and that thing is a hunk of junk.

single core, 6 series gforce, 1 gig ram. and only crashed once. in about a week with 4-5 hours daily gameplay.

*bangs head on wall*
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-02-2010, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Areanna View Post
Did you get that program I linked? It will tell you exactly what the error is and what is causing is.
only had 1 B screen so far, its just the game that keeps CTD.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeleys
i have just crashed again 4th time.

and have no idea whats casuing it.

i set my max fps to 60 turned off AA. also clocked my GPU fan speed up.

comon people someone must have a clue. lol
well did u try using the /maxfps but setting it to 30 instead of 60? I know it hurts to have to do that but until cryptic addresses this issue there really isnt much else you can do. If the /maxfps command doesnt work then i am at a lost 9% of ppl crashing due to heat was because of cryptics code telling your machine to try and produce the max fps thereby causing serious heat ups and in some cases from other posters a loss of their gpu.

Try 30 fps and monitor heat with riva tuner and. Hopefully with all the posts of ppl saying its only STO that they will fix the issue.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeleys
only had 1 B screen so far, its just the game that keeps CTD.

ahh gotcha...check the games error logs might tell you whats causing the issue?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fadde View Post
well did u try using the /maxfps but setting it to 30 instead of 60? I know it hurts to have to do that but until cryptic addresses this issue there really isnt much else you can do. If the /maxfps command doesnt work then i am at a lost 9% of ppl crashing due to heat was because of cryptics code telling your machine to try and produce the max fps thereby causing serious heat ups and in some cases from other posters a loss of their gpu.

Try 30 fps and monitor heat with riva tuner and. Hopefully with all the posts of ppl saying its only STO that they will fix the issue.
with 60fps, heat was between 50-60. maybe sometimes reaching 70. but that is fine. so im pretty sure its not that. however i will try it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-02-2010, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Areanna View Post
ahh gotcha...check the games error logs might tell you whats causing the issue?
lol. i did and this is a small segment of the errors. look how frequant they are

100202 23:03:09 196171 MasterControlProgram[1]: Shutting down: C:\src\Core\CrypticLauncher\StartingScreen.c(621)
100202 23:27:08 174 MasterControlProgram[1]: Shutting down: C:\src\Core\CrypticLauncher\StartingScreen.c(621)
100202 23:36:54 177 MasterControlProgram[1]: Shutting down: C:\src\Core\CrypticLauncher\StartingScreen.c(621)
100203 00:02:52 347 MasterControlProgram[1]: Shutting down: C:\src\Core\CrypticLauncher\StartingScreen.c(621)
100203 00:48:33 19 MasterControlProgram[1]: Shutting down: C:\src\Core\CrypticLauncher\StartingScreen.c(621)
100203 01:05:20 19 MasterControlProgram[1]: Shutting down: C:\src\Core\CrypticLauncher\StartingScreen.c(621)
100203 01:19:09 174 MasterControlProgram[1]: Shutting down: C:\src\Core\CrypticLauncher\StartingScreen.c(621)
100203 01:35:22 177 MasterControlProgram[1]: Shutting down: C:\src\Core\CrypticLauncher\StartingScreen.c(621)

thats only the ones from 1 of the crash folders, there are 3. you dont want to see how many are in one of them. over 100
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-02-2010, 06:07 PM
guess ill look back in the morning, till then ill find somthing else to play
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:33 AM.