Lt. Commander
I got this game so that me and by brother could share it and have separate accounts. When he installed the game we entered the registration key on his account.

I installed the game on my computer and entered the key on my account. When I tried to log into the game it said "account error". Then I realized that the registration key can't be shared. However, I get no message saying that the key is already in use or anything like that when I enter it with my account, and it says that I'm subscribing to the free 30 days, so I don't know what the problem is.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 05:08 PM
You cannot use a key more than once. Each of you will have to purchase a seperate game.

No matter what error you get, it cannot be resolved due to this fact.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 05:36 PM
So I can't just get a subscription?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Sillyness. Dude, ya gotta pay to play.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelC427 View Post
So I can't just get a subscription?
Yes, of course you can, just publish your key for the rest of the world to use, so we can all get a free copy.

NO, when you purchase a retail copy you pay for the license to use the software, the sub is required to ensure continued access to the service. A separate license is required for each account that is setup to access that service, even if it is the same account holder opening multiple accounts.