Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 1 A Strange Issue, Must Help
02-02-2010, 06:06 PM
ok so i played the beta, i have been on headstart since it began, and have had ZERO problems. But Wait... I get home with my copy of STO and open my client (downloaded through curse.com)and click patch BEFORE i do anything with the new game disc. The server almost instantly finishes its tiny patch and boom im at my character screen. -HERE IS THE PROBLEM- So since all is well in my little STO world, i insert the game disc (epic Fail). The install window pops up and i figured there are items i need so i click ENGLISH and begin my path to doom.. The installer holds for a while on DXSETUP and then finally goes to Copy to C:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\live\piggs\sound.hogg And i waited for the longest time and finally clicked cancel. seeing what seemed a flaw, i reopened my client and when i logged in and went to patch, my patch was RESET and was many MB's larger>? Wondering if i caused the insident, i did the install disc again... same results as before and YES when i reopened the client the patch was again LARGER. everytime i tried to install, cancelled, and reopened the client, my patch was Getting rediculous, 3,122MB!! Seeing the problem, i UNISTALLED and then tried the game disc.. Finally im getting somewhere. yes it seems to freeze but is just large files. Knowing my luck ill have to repatch but god help me if the patch is still 3,122MB.

Any one else?