Lt. Commander
# 1 Nimoy voice in STO
02-02-2010, 06:39 PM
Hi! Simple question about Spock: with Nimoy (and Quinto) voicing Spock for STO, does this mean Spock Prime somehow returns to the prime Star Trek timeline, or is it just Nimoy's voice as a general Spock narrator? Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlemancmm View Post
Hi! Simple question about Spock: with Nimoy (and Quinto) voicing Spock for STO, does this mean Spock Prime somehow returns to the prime Star Trek timeline, or is it just Nimoy's voice as a general Spock narrator? Thanks!
Just are all seeing all knowing master!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Zack was just a tutorial narrator (playing an EMH) at the beginning. Not bad.

Nimoy just explans the systems you enter for hte first time as well as plays spock in one questline. He phoned it in..
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 06:47 PM
Just narrating.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Well Nimoy is speaking as Spock, so it seems likely to me. If Cryptic had any sense at all, they would have gotten him to do some endgame stuff while they had him, so I would be very surprised if Spock didn't make a comeback in the prime timeline.

And yeah.. Quinto was only voicing an EMH.. not Spock.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 07:27 PM
Have you seen the new Star Trek movie? If so, then you should know why Nimoy narrates.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazahn View Post
Have you seen the new Star Trek movie? If so, then you should know why Nimoy narrates.
He seems to have a handle on the story. The question is about whether or not Spock is going to make an actual appearance in the furtherance of the prime timeline.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Nimoy is narrating 'in character' as Spock (he refers to himself in the first person) but he also makes reference to the fact that he was pulled into another timeline and makes no reference to returning. How he knows about the events he is narrating is left unexplained, although the primary game plot does involve manipulation of the timeline so perhaps they are related.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 11:19 PM
There is at least 1 episode in which he speaks as the original Spock (gotta love time travel! ) Just in case you havenīt played it yet, I wonīt say anything more about it; I didnīt know about the episode and was having a lot of fun with it. So yes, there is some "Ingame spocking with Nimoy".
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRomulus View Post
He seems to have a handle on the story. The question is about whether or not Spock is going to make an actual appearance in the furtherance of the prime timeline.
Supposedly, he will, whether or not he does anything in this game. Supposedly, the new movie was the first of a trilogy, and the storyline is supposed to be "fixed" by the end of said trilogy. I would take that to assume that Spock Prime finds a way to stop the Hobus Supernova from where he ended up somehow, and none of that actually happened. I could be mistaken, but this was what floated around movie theaters leading up to the release of the new movie. I have a reason to believe it, as I ran one such theater, and heard this from a Paramount representative myself. Again, it could be something else, as movies change during development, but that's what I'm going with.