Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
02-01-2010, 10:45 AM
Okay, here we go:

Scales based off of the ones found HERE, which is the most widely accepted as accurate as I could find.

Top down, with lines:

Attachment 3376

Just these two, side by side, with lines:

Attachment 3377

Miranda overlayed on the Constitution Refit:

Attachment 3378

Zip files with higher resolution version of the side by side with lines and overlay:

Attachment 3379

Attachment 3380

So, now we need in-game comparison shots, next to each other and top down, with elevation centered on the dish area to minimize perspective distortions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
02-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Emperor
I don't know about you guys but I don't like the idea of escort ships being too small to see.

Why not complain about the size of the planets too?
you can bump right into luna and realize your ship is way off scale.
escorts don't need to be too small to see as long as they scale things up. the ships are never so gargantuan in Star Trek that they would fill up an entire screen like Star Wars or EVE ( i mean, realistically they would, haha, but in a game world... it doesnt have to be so )

Even so right now however, there is no reason for a Constitution to be smaller than a Miranda, it just doesn't make any sense. We could see both clearly on a regular scale... its just a matter of them not being precise, which is unfortunate because they said they would be as much as possible.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
02-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
Okay, here we go:

Scales based off of the ones found HERE, which widely accepted as accurate as I could find.

Top down, with lines:

Attachment 3376

Just these two, side by side, with lines:

Attachment 3377

Miranda overlayed on the Constitution Refit:

Attachment 3378

Zip files with higher resolution version of the side by side with lines and overlay:

Attachment 3379

Attachment 3380

So, take that comparison for what you will.

Yes of course, those look accurate and correct. But the Constitution looks smaller in STO than what is represented by your pix. As a point of reference, the Connie's Saucer section is noticeably smaller in diameter than the miranda's in the places where they do not differ.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
02-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobFlowers View Post

Yes of course, those look accurate and correct. But the Constitution looks smaller in STO than what is represented by your pix. As a point of reference, the Connie's Saucer section is noticeably smaller in diameter than the miranda's in the places where they do not differ.
As I said, these are just for reference. I'm not supporting either side in the discussion on this. I edited the text in my post (sorry) to clarify that we need some similar shots of the Miranda and Constitution Refit in game.

These should be side by side, top down, elevation centered on the median height of each ship's saucer section. We need two pics, one from the Constitution Refit player and one from the Miranda player, both the same angle.

This will give us the most accurate comparison of what they are vs what they should be.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
02-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
As I said, these are just for reference. I'm not supporting either side in the discussion on this. I edited the text in my post (sorry) to clarify that we need some similar shots of the Miranda and Constitution Refit in game.

These should be side by side, top down, elevation centered on the median height of each ship's saucer section. We need two pics, one from the Constitution Refit player and one from the Miranda player, both the same angle.

This will give us the most accurate comparison of what they are vs what they should be.
I understand. I just got my first escort today. I wanted to get a Cruiser, but with all the complaints people have about them, I decided not to.

Anyway, the sabre is RIDICULOUSLY huge, almost as LARGE as a Constitution. The scaling is WAY off in this game.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:16 PM.