Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axterix
I'm more looking for something to tank tough mobs, bosses. So longer drawn out fights. The debuff seems appealing, with the reflecting damage nice as well. But 90 degree firing arc and cruiser turn rates, not a good combo.
That is true. Would be nice if it were 360, like sensor scramble...I wonder why it's not?
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macallen View Post
That is true. Would be nice if it were 360, like sensor scramble...I wonder why it's not?
If I had to guess, I'd say the dev responsible didn't think it through from a gameplay perspective. Lore-wise, it is probably projected from the deflector dish or something, like the science tachyon beam ability. And so it gets that frontal arc restriction.

But I don't think the devs have spent much time in the high end cruisers, otherwise they'd know such an idea doesn't mix well with cruisers...and high end cruisers would see their turn rate fixed asap.

It isn't the only ability that shows a lack of testing in that way. The engineer space ability that halves energy weapon power drain would be another such one. There's a theory behind it. It just doesn't hold up to the reality of the game.