Lt. Commander
# 41
02-02-2010, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Vision
Well I played wow for 5 years and just left 3 weeks ago and you can't buy a damn thing for the game, you geverything in with your fee. Stop telling lies now :p
You got all the WoW goodies that come as codes on the WoW trading-card-game cards? I buy them off of ebay sometimes. Micro transaction by any other name.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-02-2010, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenica View Post
Two of the most recognized species in Star Trek is hardly a 'cosmetic gimmick'.
o'rly

so tell me what other advantages you get besides a different skin for your character ... oh yeah, none ... that sure aint cosmetical ...what was i thinking ...
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-02-2010, 04:42 AM
omg how can you call it a store with only 2 things to buy in it. I want lots more stuff in it
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-02-2010, 04:45 AM
I agree with you on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurit View Post
We pay a subscrption so I would not call it "for free". Providing the servers alone does not cost 13 a month. With an mmo fee you also pay for development, patches upgrades and so on. Every two month you pay the equivalent of what an avarage expansion pack for a game costs. But in most MMOs you don't get updates equivalent to an expansion pack in this short time. So if they charge for a lot of extras people get angry.

Microtransactions are not the problem but in combination with the fee it is. I think the game should be free to play with MT or the subscription should be lowered to 4-5 or something.
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-02-2010, 07:45 PM
I personally am defending Cryptic's C-Store and their microtransaction scheme, and here's why:

#1: because I'm not broke and if I see something in the store I like then I'll buy it, which leads to
#2: because the more money they make the more staff they can hire so that people who fix bugs and add content can feed their families which is cool, and finally
#3: they're not adding anything to the store which you need to get an edge on anyone else since the klingon and ferengi racial traits aren't that good anyway

Some of y'all keep throwing "fanboi" around like it's a dirty word, well you guys have a word too, it's called "hater". As in, you're hatin' on Cryptics hard work and acting like you're entitled to a perfect experience right out of the box. Well if you got the skills to make STO better then go get a job with Cryptic and then you'll be entitled to my money out of my paycheck and I'll gladly fork it over. In return I'll get even more entertainment then I already am and I think you'll come out the loser because then you'll have to listen to people talk trash about your hard work.
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanNemesis
I personally am defending Cryptic's C-Store and their microtransaction scheme, and here's why:

#1: because I'm not broke and if I see something in the store I like then I'll buy it, which leads to
#2: because the more money they make the more staff they can hire so that people who fix bugs and add content can feed their families which is cool, and finally
#3: they're not adding anything to the store which you need to get an edge on anyone else since the klingon and ferengi racial traits aren't that good anyway

Some of y'all keep throwing "fanboi" around like it's a dirty word, well you guys have a word too, it's called "hater". As in, you're hatin' on Cryptics hard work and acting like you're entitled to a perfect experience right out of the box. Well if you got the skills to make STO better then go get a job with Cryptic and then you'll be entitled to my money out of my paycheck and I'll gladly fork it over. In return I'll get even more entertainment then I already am and I think you'll come out the loser because then you'll have to listen to people talk trash about your hard work.
Bumping as this post is full of win!

Nicely spoken, and echoes my sentiments exactly.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-02-2010, 08:25 PM
There will be a lot more of it coming. All you can do is overlook it.
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethoea
ok guys im not defneding cryptic but i will say what runs the game servers? tell me that its a little thing called money. what pays for cryptics staff aka people who made the game and support any issue you may be haveing the staff of cryptic dont run on peanuts thay need money to support the stuff i mentioned above so stop being such cheepskates fair enuth you buyed the game and pay mouthly theres nothing demanding that you buy from the stores and ive looked and nothing in there gives you a advantage over other players so stop complaneing that its greed its not greed its a busyness and it wouldent be much of a busyness if thay dont make money... hell thay give you the option of a lifetime subscription meens NO MORE PAYING MOUTHLYS name another MMO that dus that sort of offer?
Lotro was the first as far as I am aware. Most MMO's live off the 15 bucks a month not 15+ RMT.
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-02-2010, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeOnline View Post
You got all the WoW goodies that come as codes on the WoW trading-card-game cards? I buy them off of ebay sometimes. Micro transaction by any other name.
ehe ever been to the blizz store they sell in game mini pets I know as I got 4 of those pandaran monk codes (they are so cool) one for each account.

and no I no longer play a well