Lt. Commander
# 1 I'm confused?
02-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Is this using the Enterprise and ST 11 alternate Timeline story? was the enterprise from the new movie still a Constitution or is it something else like a flagship class?

If the original spock was willing to give scotty the transwarp-transport formula, and reveal stuff to kirk and spock, why not also stop romulas from blowing up?

Oh no now i'm going cross eyed. sorry if this is nubbish.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 08:40 PM
The game takes place in the original timeline, after the new movie. - Romulas is destroyed, but vulcan is still there. Spock went through the hole, and life goes on without 'em. I don't even think there is a comissioned enterprise anymore.

Or to think of it in easier terms, the only thing that has really happened, from the movie, was the supernova destroying Romulas and spock used the red matter to stop the supernova then he fell into the hole. We are not living in the "black hole" alternate timeline, but the original.

After that, the various powers are gearing up for territorial war.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Of course there is. I've seen at least 15 of them today, lol.

To answer Jewkesman's question I point you to here:

http://www.startrekonline.com/startrek_xi

This post really need a Peragrine manuvure but sadly he seems to have been eaten by trolls or something.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krussian
Of course there is. I've seen at least 15 of them today, lol.

To answer Jewkesman's question I point you to here:

http://www.startrekonline.com/startrek_xi

This post really need a Peragrine manuvure but sadly he seems to have been eaten by trolls or something.
Thanks that explains it. supposedly the enterprise is manned by data, it refers to it in the road to 2409.

now to wait for the free trial or the 50 to buy retail.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxil85 View Post
I don't even think there is a comissioned enterprise anymore..
the current enterprise is ether the prototype 3 necel galaxy class or a refitted sovrigne class thats captaned by a captain Data (thanks to mr le forge and the instertute that b3 was sent too they were able to re-creat data)

Picard was working with ambassador spok before the romulas incident and has since gone missing and riker is still captaning the titan in deep space.

if you look around the STO website you will find timeline stories that explaines it all
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 10:28 PM
no one really brings it, up but the writters of Star trek (2009) wrote a nice tie in comic that takes place before the movie that goes into detail about data being the captain and spock and nero. this game uses alot of the story elements brought up in that comic, or at the very least, they worked together. for instance, Data and his crew wear uniforms from this game (Starfleet B01).

the comic is called Star Trek: countdown its very well written and get into alot of this stuff