Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Ensign
We have Asylum missions for various minor races of the Federation, Klingon Empire, Romulan Republic, Bajoran, Cardassian, and several other races. In addition we have prisoner exchanges with enemy races and Dominion. I however feel that we need missions to aquire more Breen and Borg Duty Officers. Here are a few ideas.

Duty Officer Mission Title: Resucue Defecting Breen Officer
Casualty Risk: High
Requirements:
- 2x Assault Squad Officers
- 2x Tactical/Security Officers
- 1x Transporter Officer
- 1x Medical Officer
Reward:
Success: Blue Quality
Critical Success: Purple Quality

Duty Officer Mission Title: Salvage from Damaged Borg Vessel
Casualty Risk: Extreme
Requirements:
- 3x Tactical/Security Officers
- 2x Science Officers
- 2x Engineering Officers
Reward:
Success: Various Borg-related Items
Critical Success: Captured Borg Drone (Prisoner) + Borg-related Items

Duty Officer Mission Title: Separated a Borg Drone from the Collective
Casualty Risk: High
Requirements:
- 1x Captured Borg Drone
- 1x Tactical/Security Officer
- 3x Medical Officers
Reward:
Success: Blue Quality
Critical Success: Purple Quality
"I was born under fire. I am a soldier from birth..."
Captain
# 2
08-28-2014, 06:03 AM
Actually, there already is one for Borg DOffs in-game... it's just near-impossible to find. "Assist in Reclaiming Drones from the Collective"; you can sometimes find it in the Sirius and Regulus Sector Blocks, the Gamma Orionis SB, and if you check your Medical Department Head tab in the Defera Invasion Zone, it sometimes appears there. Don't count on it, though... I think I've only seen it less than a half-dozen times in some two years, usually on Defera. That's not counting the 'Borg' Caitian and Gorn Technicians you get from the B'Tran Cluster colonization chain, the blue and purple DOffs you can buy from the Omega store, or the Liberated Borg Romulan DOffs that come in one of the DOff Packs (Elachi Survivor, I think)...

But I do like the idea of a nice mini-chain for more Borg DOffs, don't get me wrong... and we need more Breen, especially considering Tran's comments about others who feel like him (During the Breen FE series) and then we never see or hear anything about it again...
----
Yeager-Type; add it as a Federation 'Raider' and watch KDF players go crazy...

Queued Events alone do not player participation bring...
Captain
# 3
08-28-2014, 07:54 AM
Quote:
[...]Romulan Republic[...]
Unfortunately, Romulans don't get Asylum missions.

There are Romulan refugees, but no corresponding Asylum.

I'd like to see Romulans and Remans getting fleshed out first (up/downgrinder that don't rewards allied doffs, full-doff lineup including civilians, full set of normal doff powers) before any more exotic ones are getting added.

It's just pathetic, that we can have a full, working roster of Paradan, Karemman, Dosi, Caitian or Ferasan Doffs, amongst them species that didn't even appear on the shows, while it's impossible for one of the major, playable factions.
Captain
# 4
08-28-2014, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
Unfortunately, Romulans don't get Asylum missions.

There are Romulan refugees, but no corresponding Asylum.

I'd like to see Romulans and Remans getting fleshed out first (up/downgrinder that don't rewards allied doffs, full-doff lineup including civilians, full set of normal doff powers) before any more exotic ones are getting added.

It's just pathetic, that we can have a full, working roster of Paradan, Karemman, Dosi, Caitian or Ferasan Doffs, amongst them species that didn't even appear on the shows, while it's impossible for one of the major, playable factions.
I do agree the devs should have created Asylum missions for Remans and Romulans, but there is an easy explanation. They got in a time crunch, never implemented it, and now it will never get added. They do that a lot lately, and heck, they even left a bug in the game because of doing that with the Dyson Sphere.

Example:
1) Only common Romulan refugees and doffs obtainable outside of lock boxes and a colonial chain. Why? Would have taken too much time to make even more doffs.
2) The Reman living quarters of New Romulus - Another forgotten thing. Too much time for taco to make so left out. Players were so excited to be able to visit it once upon a time -> http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=453801
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=965821
3) More recent one, no 3rd spire in the Dyson Sphere. They made the first two areas and the accolade of the 3 spires when they thought it was all going to be Voths when they did season 9. Then they saw the battle ground was popular so they added a space version with Undine in season 9.5.
Seems Borticus said oopsie and up until now, the accolade is still unfixed -> http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1135791

So in conclusion, I don't think they'll ever get to any of this stuff which is sad, but you know what they'll definitely never get to? Updating the logic of all the doff assignments so the new system of picking doffs works correctly. That one is way down there with doing something about PvP in terms of priority.
Captain
# 5
08-28-2014, 07:11 PM
We can dream.
-----------------======== Joined: January 2009 ========-----------------
Hate the look of the new Arc site? >>>Check out my redesign concept images<<<

Once again, UI feedback goes wholly ignored