Lt. Commander
# 1 Successful Installation
02-03-2010, 03:49 AM
A good installation, 1.09 GB patched successfully, no crashes or graphical issues, and am getting
mostly smooth gameplay with all graphic options maxed on an ASUS P5E3 premium, Q9650 (OC'd to 3.6 Ghz), 4870 X2, Velociraptors in RAID 0, and Mushkin RAM under Win 7 RC 64bit. All in the Mozart mega cabinet SWA1000. Ultra X3 1600 Watt power supply. STO Putting quite a temp load on the X2 which is OC'd to the Max, but the 9.12 drivers are stable, as are the 9.6 drivers...the Only two driver sets from ATI that are stable with the 4870 X2 Overclocked to the max. Other than some server dropouts...no snide remarks..........yet. Takes awhile to get used to the UI layout as with any game....but there were a few speedy, couldn't catch it in time cutscenes that rushed by in some of the opening intros to the tutorial, and were just lost on me. oh yeah, Only two Characters?Otherwise my Platform here is stable for all 6-7 major MMO's. $4500 machine. Could Quadfire with my 2nd X2 but the electric bill is bad enough with just one, with peaks over 600 watts. ****, WOW, Star Wars Galaxies, Age of Conan, Warhammer, Dark Age of Camelot, and EVE. Oh yea might as well add.....G15 Keybboard and I-inc 28" monitor...Doesn't have to be a Core I7, (just 4 chips below), but benched above the QX series in tests....with a decent margin below the I7-920....but it still rocks....with liquid cooling in the planning.