Lt. Commander
Okay so I played OB and had all the server problems.

Played headstart and had even more server problems, queue times and disconnects galore.

Got home last night fearing the worse with it being 6pm in the UK and the game starting for all.

Guess what, no lag, no disconnects, no queue and I played none stop from 7-10:30 which I don't believe Has to be the best launch of a game that I have played (okay I bet it wasn't for all). ****, WoW, Eve, Eq2, SWG, etc etc were all terrible at launch but not this one.

Webiste Account issues aside and pre order gifts that I finally got about 10pm still does not detract me from an excellent launch.

What gives Cryptic? For OB and Headstart were you using a VIC20?

Anyway well done for giving me my first real taste of playing (even got to LC2).

Roll on the weekend though:p.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 03:39 AM
Same here, come 6pm UK time I was playing like a dream.

Servers ran fine all night, no disconnects, I even had all my pre-order items by 6:05pm.

Yes there are a few issues (no TOS skirts and I can't put my Boffs in the TOS uniform, and the Khaan uniform isn't working yet either) but they've been acknowledged by Cryptic and hopefully we'll have fixes soon.

So all in all, woo!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 03:42 AM
Yes, I was pleasantly surprised as well, I think they must've gone to the pet store and bought some more hamsters
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 03:48 AM
i was rather impressed with how the servers ran yesterday, ive been here since closed beta, so ive been through the disconnects, random crashes etc

when i realised id been on for close to 5 hours without a dc, or even a lag spike, i actually did a facepalm (my character too), because i realised that Cryptic sorted things out

people keep giving them grief about one thing or another, but fail to realise that they are working their backsides off to make this work
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 03:51 AM
Yup, it's been nice since official launch. I've had tiny bits of lag here and there but only for split seconds.

Maybe it just took a long time to get those servers shipped in, the ones they ordered in OB.