Lt. Commander
# 1 Cannon autofire hotkey fix
02-03-2010, 12:12 AM
I found this from the open beta boards and thought it would be helpful to have here

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=1561547

"Due to my fix for cannons interrupting themselves being used (found here :http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=72365 )

i've decided to post this fix so that you can easily autofire as many weapons as you like

DO NOT BE INTIMIDATED BY THE LENGTH OF THIS POST IT'S VERY EASY TO DO THIS IT'S JUST VERY VERBOSE TO ENSURE EVERYONE CAN EASILY PERFORM THIS NO PROBLEMS ALONG WITH EXPLANATIONS ON EASILY MODIFYING THE PROGRAM FOR YOUR SPECIFIC NEEDS.

this program utilizes a macro
if you dont know what a macro is it's a program that allows you to press a single keystroke and perform multiple operations (in this case pressing a button once causes you continue to press the buttons in game to fire weapons over and over until you press the initial button again to stop it)

macros are NOT exploits, hacks, violations of the EULA or any other sort of issue which might bring on the banhammer, I would not be posting this in the games forums under my account name if it risked getting me banned.

first download and install the program autohotkey
www.autohotkey.com
there are many macro programs out there but this program is very small, takes up very little memory, highly configurable, runs all versions of windows, and it's what this tut is using.

after you install it a notepad window will pop up when you first run it.

this file will be full of all sorts of writing, delete all of it (from this window, not by starting a new notepad, specifically from this window) then copy and paste the appropriate version from below into notepad and follow the instructions for your version.

there are 2 scripts here for two alternate methods of doing the same thing

the first allows you to press spacebar after which the program does the equivelant of pressing the spacebar every 1/10th of a second for you, until you press the space bar again at which point it stops. this allows you to simply press once to begin firing and once to stop.
be warned that since the current version of the fire all phasers automatically selects a target if you dont have one if you press it once and haven't pressed it again to stop you may end up starting a fight you did not mean to. (basically there is no way for me to tell the script to stop running just because you destroyed your current target, it's up to you, using the second version will limit this because it won't autoselect targets but if you tab target to a new one in range and arc it will fire), this could be good or bad depending on your view of whether you value trying to be that lazy. Use this version if you want to have the all phasers or all weapons (including torps mines etc) on autofire

the second version allows you to place weapons on the hotbar and automatically presses each of those keys every 1/10th of a second (all keys for weapons are pressed basically at the same time for all intents but theres a 1/0th of second delay between the next button spam, not between each weapon)

The second version is if for some reason you want to only have part of phasers fire or 1 phaser 1 torp, whatever you just don't want to do be doing a fire all phasers or fire all weapons spam. only some weapons on autofire. scroll down to version 2 now for this

VERSION 1 (SPACEBAR SPAM):

first copy paste this
///start copying BELOW this line
;all words typed after a semi-colon are comments on what the words in the line before it do
;if there is no comments your either a programmer and you understand what that line does
;or your not and I can't explain to you whats it does in a few words

F1::Suspend ;this means you can press F1 to pause/unpause the script allowing you to use the spacebar normally
;F1 can be changed see post FAQ for details
#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 2
Space:: ;do everything below Space everytime I hit spacebar Space can be change see post FAQ
if Running
{
Running := false
return
}
Running = true

Loop
{
Send {Delete} ;hit delete key this should be assigned to fire all weapons/fire all phasers
sleep, 100 ;wait 100milliseconds (1000 milliseconds = 1 second) 1/10th of a second therefore
If not Running
break
}
Return
//stop copying ABOVE this line

now save the file
now restart autohotkey for the changes to take effect (it's runnning down there by the time date etc0

now start up star trek but reassign either
fire all phasers or file all weapons to the delete key depending on your preference (don't worry your going to press space to fire this is just a technical issue you have to use a different key than space because the program can't differeneate between it pressing space and you pressing space so you have to have a different key than the hotkey to be triggered)

for details on how to change up keys timing between presses and other issues see very bottom FAQ

VERSION 2: (SPAM SELECTED WEAPONS)
first copy paste this
//start copying BELOW this line
;all words typed after a semi-colon are comments on what the words in the line before it do
;if there is no comments your either a programmer and you understand what that line does
;or your not and I can't explain to you whats it does in a few words

F1::Suspend ;this means you can press F1 to pause/unpause the script allowing you to use the spacebar normally
;F1 can be changed see post FAQ for details
#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 2
Space:: ;do everything below Space everytime I hit spacebar Space can be change see post FAQ
if Running
{
return
}
Running = true

Loop
{
Send {8} ;press 8 key (to fire weapon in 8 slot)
Send {9} ;press 9 key (fire 9 slot)
Send {0} ;press 0 key (fire 0)
sleep, 100 ;wait 100milliseconds (1000 milliseconds = 1 second) 1/10th of a second therefore
If not Running
break
}
Return
//stop copying ABOVE this line

now save the file
now restart autohotkey (it's running down there by time date etc)
now start up star trek and place in the 8, 9, 0 slot all weapons you want to fire everytime you press space and to continue attempting to fire until you press space again to stop trying.
To have more or less weapons automatically fire or change which buttons are pressed scroll down to the FAQ to read up.

FAQ

I WANT TO ADD/SUBTRACT FROM THE AMOUNT OF GUNS AUTOMATICALLY FIRED IN VERSION 2
to subtract:
delete either
send {8}
send {9}
send {0}
for example deleteing send {0}
will then result in AFTER RESTARTING AUTOHOTKEY only weapons assigned to 8 and 9 being pressed

to add:
place another line immediatly before or after one of the send lines (doesnt matter before,after, inbetween some whatever) and type
send { }
but in the {} place a key for example
send {7}
so it reads
send {7}
send {8}
send {9}
send {0}
then place another weapon in the 7 slot of your hotbar
for a full key list read the change/modify up next

I WANT TO CHANGE WHICH KEYS I PRESS OR THE PROGRAM PRESSES

F1,Space, DELETE(version 1), 7 8 9(version 2)
can all be changed to whatever you like
simply replace the current key with the correct word/letter of the new key
all numbers and letters are simply the number or letter itself
for example to make the letter p pause and unpause the script
F1::suspend
should be
a::suspend

for a full list of all keys (such as keys with names like enter,delete page up etc)
goto start->all programs->autohotkey->autohotkey help
the 7th item in the contents is Key List

I WANT TO TRY TO FIRE MORE/LESS OFTEN THAN EVERY 1/1OTH OF A SECOND
change
sleep, 100
to
sleep, (any number)
this number is the number of milliseconds (1000 milliseconds = 1 second) so
sleep, 50
would be every 20th of a second (trying more often, 20 times a second)
sleep, 1000
would be every second (trying less often, once a second)
don't turn this stupidly low, there's no point cluttering your cpu with thousands of commands a second your not going to win a battle because you fired 1/1000000000 of a second faster than your opponent the server isn't even going to register such a small difference in time.

I WANT TO CHANGE THE SCRIPT HOW DO I/WHERE IS IT?
its stored in my documents
its named AutoHotKey
to modify DO NOT DOUBLE CLICK
right click then edit script
don't forget to save restart

I'VE GOT A PROBLEM NOT COVERED
post here i'll try to help"
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 12:39 AM
ORRRR

put the 2 cannons next to eachouther in the toolbar then make sure none of them is on auto fire, then right click both of them as fast as you can (as in click one then click the outher) it may take u a try or 2 but this will put the 2 weapons on auto fire
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 03:56 AM
Where exactly does this put you and the "Using 3rd Party Software for dodgy reason" type clause that most games have in the T and Cs.

... because it sounds great, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't want to get banned.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdition View Post
Where exactly does this put you and the "Using 3rd Party Software for dodgy reason" type clause that most games have in the T and Cs.

... because it sounds great, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't want to get banned.
on the bannable side, as both autohotkey and autoit have image detection/color recognition and can be easily used for bots.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason151 View Post
ORRRR

put the 2 cannons next to eachouther in the toolbar then make sure none of them is on auto fire, then right click both of them as fast as you can (as in click one then click the outher) it may take u a try or 2 but this will put the 2 weapons on auto fire
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdition View Post

There's a dodgy response from one of the Dev's in another of these threads (might be archived) saying it might be okay, or it might not, depending on how they feel at any given time.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TARosey View Post
There's a dodgy response from one of the Dev's in another of these threads (might be archived) saying it might be okay, or it might not, depending on how they feel at any given time.
Dev response basically said it was ok since it can be accomplished with a G15 keyboard and helps physically disabled/handicapped players.