Lt. Commander
# 1 Variety.
02-03-2010, 03:16 AM
So, no rants or anything here. This is the feedback forum.. So.

Come on Cryptic. I bought your game, I like it for the time being and I want to continue liking it. But c'mon, I don't want to repeat the same variations of missions over, and over, and over again.

*SLIGHT SPOILER*
I really liked the mission where someone had modified the replicator and I had to find the culprit.
* END SPOILER*

Surely it's not too hard to do more of these as opposed to slaughter hundreds of Orions, Gorn or Klingons. I love the space battle system but there's gotta be more variation. I'm at level 10. I am dreading doing this for another 30+ levels.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 03:20 AM
You are forgetting that you've yet to even meet a Cardassian, a Romulan, or anyone from the Dominion.

Not to mention the Borg are current endgame content.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortalSword
You are forgetting that you've yet to even meet a Cardassian and kill them, a Romulan and kill them, or anyone from the Dominion and kill them.

Not to mention the Borg are current endgame content.
Fixed to reflect the point that the OP was trying to make.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 03:24 AM
Would also say you should check out the full contend and comment later on it. You have seen very little up to this point.

Atleast it's better to kill 100 boars over and over again..oh..and don't forget those dreadfull bears

Edit: I have a strong feeling that more mission variation will be added at some point. There is some variation at present but if you want to do more than just "F" and kill...oh well..that's something else
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 03:25 AM
Thanks for the quick replies guys. And yeah, pretty much, my point isn't about variety in species I will kill, it's about... Not only doing that. And true, EaglePryde. I am going to play as far as I possibly can with my 30 days subscription.

I just don't think it's a great way to enthuse people into getting to the later stages and end game, by having them do the same missions over and over again for however many of the lower levels.. Not saying I've seen it all, because I haven't.

Here's hoping
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 03:25 AM
I totally agree, any inventive none-combat mission is like mana from heaven right now.
When did you get that mission? Sounds fun.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 03:33 AM
Try designing an encounter/mission that is not combat related, but still provides any kind of challenge at all.

Then apply for a job at Blizzard.

Then call every other MMO developer and gloat about your next big thing, cuz you've just broken the greatest limitation of the MMO platform.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 03:37 AM
I don't necessarily think a "challenge" is what is needed.

Do you honestly think 90% of people are playing this game just to level up to get to the end game as fast as possible? This game is directed at Star Trek fans. The focus should be on creating a ST environment, with hard challenges or not.

For one, I really don't care if it takes me a week or a year to get to the end game.

It's the journey that counts, not the final destination.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonn
I don't necessarily think a "challenge" is what is needed.

Do you honestly think 90% of people are playing this game just to level up to get to the end game as fast as possible? This game is directed at Star Trek fans. The focus should be on creating a ST environment, with hard challenges or not.

For one, I really don't care if it takes me a week or a year to get to the end game.

It's the journey that counts, not the final destination.
good comment ...best what fit's to your comment would be "space...the final frontier"