# 61
02-03-2010, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanharn View Post
lol @ this again.

Just make a base pay pal account.

Dont add any Credit or bank info.

Register your game and add your PP details and there you go, all done

then come 30 days time it will try and take cash from PP but cant.

Then your free to use game time cards etc......
Quote:
Originally Posted by KO_Gilligan View Post
This would be cool if everyone did it :p
lol CP would be expecting loads of cash but just get a load of failed PP notices.

Oh and this is what I did, so It works as I use GTC to top up my MMO accounts.
Lt. Commander
# 62
02-03-2010, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fou_Lou
Just to clarify. In germany Credit Carts arenīt common. We use Direct Debit Cards (think its called so in english) which is not an Credit Card. Luckily they habe PP.

But isnīt it stated on every box? "you need a CC to play this game" For most MMORPG a similar thing is on the Box telling you that you need a cc to play the game. Atleast Steam says so.
yeah, Direct debt cards.

We also have pay as you go Master cards over here now so anyone from the UK can get into and pay for the Sub
Lt. Commander
# 63
02-03-2010, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KO_Gilligan View Post
Let's all bash the OP and any one who will acknowledge that this is just a retention technique to get extra months.

It's a common business practice - I'm just saying I don't play along with it anymore, and nobody else needs to either.

I didn't ask Cryptic to change anything - we're the ones who neglect to cancel - but there is a way to subvert the system and just get the 30 days with no worries.

Really - either way it's up to us - don't take what I say out of context, if the retention incentive didn't pay off for them, they wouldn't use it.
Bash the OP? how can you bash someone who can't even read the fine print before making a purchase. I am shocked more then anything else. Its so easy to throw blames on company when all one needs to do is, a little research before buying a product. Must be so difficult haan? to read i mean?
Lt. Commander
# 64
02-03-2010, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darokka View Post
@ocharni

people like u make ME doubt evolution!!!

for example... most people in germany dont have/use credit cards. I dont know where the OP is from... but if he is from germany, than u can see his dilemma

Cryptic should have stated this somewhere!

a friend of mine has the same problem... he does not have a creditcard....ergo... he cant acitivate his account until he gets his gametimecard.
Or you could probably go use one of those nifty litlle visa gift cards that is esentially a credit card.