Lt. Commander
# 11
01-24-2010, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptiecop
I did remember my CC representative telling me of a $1.00 charge to Champions Online...I laughed and told him I've never played that game in my life (let along even own it)...I purchased my digital download direct from Atari and that amount showed up fine even though it is not posted to my onlne billing statement yet...I'm just wondering what that $1.00 charge named CO was all about
$1.00 charges are usually put on there by a company to make sure the credit card is valid and active, they then refund the $1.00 a few days later. Nothing malicious or anything, just checking to make sure you gave them the right number, they're allowed to charge it, your card isn't on some sort of lock, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-24-2010, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanten View Post
$1.00 charges are usually put on there by a company to make sure the credit card is valid and active, they then refund the $1.00 a few days later. Nothing malicious or anything, just checking to make sure you gave them the right number, they're allowed to charge it, your card isn't on some sort of lock, etc.
Ah cool then...thanks for the clarification as this is the first time I've heard of something like this.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-24-2010, 03:42 AM
It's pretty normal. CC companies are protecting you from potential theft. If for some time, you don't do any world wide transactions, and suddenly you buy something from anther country / or even city, they tend to block it. For your own security. If your card was really stolen, you would be glad it works that way.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-03-2010, 08:30 AM
Well, I don't have another credit card and the one I've been using has worked for WoW, Steam and City of Heroes. I just checked and there is on the account, so what gives?

Doesn't Cryptic want my money?