Lt. Commander
# 11
02-03-2010, 07:42 AM
I know a bit about the man. He really is a goof. He's also got more nerd cred than most of his detractors.

I hated Wesley, and still find much of what he did irritating, but I also recall just how much I enjoyed the scene in which Picard dis away with that "acting" nonsense and made Ensign Crusher (and finally getting rid of the lavender jumpsuit.)

I have a lot of post Trek respect for the guy. Mostly because he is geek and nerd and goof and he doesn't pretend otherwise.

My main point is that, no matter what people think of him (but with a special nod to the haters) he was on Star Trek. For icing on the cake, Patrick Stewart referred to him as "one of the finest actors I've ever worked with." Love him, like him or hate him, he's still more awesome than any of us will ever be because of that.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-03-2010, 11:20 AM
His appearance on 'The Big Bang Theory' was awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-03-2010, 04:53 PM
I love his tweets. I follow him, Levar Burton, and Brent Spiner. They're all hilarious. SImon Pegg has some good ones, too.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-03-2010, 05:05 PM
I've never forgiven him for taking sides in fanclub politics.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Wesley Crusher the character might have been an annoyance, but Wil Wheaton is cool and a true geek. It's not his fault he was a child actor in a role written as it was. Earning the respect of someone with the acting history and accomplishments of Patrick Stewart is not insignificant.

Turns out, Wheaton is an interesting and engaging writer. Anyone read his account of meeting William Shatner? Really interesting and revealing about both of them.