Lt. Commander
Accuracy penalties!!!!

Accuracy penalties should be implemented both for firing while moving and for firing at moving targets. This could easily be implemented in both space and on the ground. Rather than having every shot hit, it would be interesting if one could throw some evasive maneuvers into their combat in an attempt to forgo some damage. Also, a distance modifier should be added which affects accuracy as well. This all, of course, is inspired by the starfleet command games.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 09:04 AM
I agree in the area of ground combat especially. Cover would be another good idea. Its a pretty lame as is simply standing there and shooting.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 09:08 AM
every shot does not land in game so are you sure this isnt already in the calculations? Especially in space though the accuracy should be high as its too easy for modern electro-optical devices to target a moving object. I cant imagine theyve lost that ability in 2409.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorban View Post
Accuracy penalties!!!!

Accuracy penalties should be implemented both for firing while moving and for firing at moving targets. This could easily be implemented in both space and on the ground. Rather than having every shot hit, it would be interesting if one could throw some evasive maneuvers into their combat in an attempt to forgo some damage. Also, a distance modifier should be added which affects accuracy as well. This all, of course, is inspired by the starfleet command games.
No to space. Yes to on the ground.

Refer to Star Trek canon as far as weapons in space.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 09:30 AM
Phasers never miss in Trek cannon. In space anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 09:47 AM
Weapons in space are already affected by distance and movement. They may appear to hit the target, but the damage and miss % are still there.

On ground I'm not entirely sure how it works. I know that in "Aim" Mode you are harder to hit, and if you Roll just before you're hit it adds a dodge bonus. I do not know if running/moving has any effect.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Louis.Martin View Post
Phasers never miss in Trek cannon. In space anyway.
Alright, I concede the point regarding phasers, but what about other ordinance like torpedoes? Also, are the cannons supposed to be as accurate. At the very least they could implement some sort of system that lessens the damage of phasers at greater range.

Much more importantly than implementing this in space, however, would be implementing it (and some form of cover system if possible) on the ground.