Ensign
# 1 Ship skin changed.
09-01-2014, 03:26 PM
For some reason my new ship has taken on a new skin that I did not select. Its picked up one that looks like a borg theme.

http://alan.3sgto.org/imagesjpg/sto/ship.png

Last edited by shald0r; 09-01-2014 at 03:28 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
09-01-2014, 03:31 PM
That looks like the Breen set visuals to me. Press U and click your ship. Where you equip shields, engines and deflector you can right-click on them to disable visuals and your ship will look "as you coloured it".

Several sets in-game will alter your visuals unless you tell it otherwise (in fact, I think all of them do).
Proud to be Disenchanted and one of the 18%.
Follow me on Raptr, Steam and ARC.
Join the "18 Percent" (KDF fleet) today.
Captain
# 3
09-01-2014, 03:31 PM
That's the Breen shield's visual effect. You can turn it off by right-clicking the shield, then clicking "Disable Visuals" on the right-click menu.
Ensign
# 4
09-01-2014, 04:02 PM
Ah, Thank you.
Captain
# 5
09-02-2014, 07:01 AM
That just makes your ship look Ancient. I use have that on. They're right you can disable the visuals.
Time will only tell!
Career Officer
# 6
09-02-2014, 12:21 PM
Aside from the Assimilated set making your ship look... well, assimilated, I've never quite understood this feature. Like, how does a Breen shield transform your ship's hull to use Breen materials and your warp engines to glow like they're of Breen design? It also overrides any custom colors or hull materials you put on the ship itself. I'm sure some people like it for what it is, but it just seems odd to me. One more thing I have to remember to do whenever I swap equipment.

The way I'd rather see it done is for it to unlock as a new material in the ship tailor when you complete the sets. Same way the ground costumes work. That way, people who like it can use it regardless of what equipment they have on at the time, and those of us who don't like it can simply ignore it instead of having to fix it every time we change equipment.
Captain
# 7
09-02-2014, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolheadal View Post
That just makes your ship look Ancient. I use have that on. They're right you can disable the visuals.
Uhh, no skin in the game makes a ship look Ancient?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.