Lt. Commander
hey ya,

I try to be a good scince support vessel and focus on healing and got some questions about it:

It seems the only t2 ability to heal for science is Hazard whatever thing (still need to try) and Transfer Shield Strength. Or is there more ?

About Shield Strength:
It makes for me 160 shield regenaration per pulse and judge about my white pusling circle IŽd say it is 4 pulses. so it regenarate 640 shields this way. Then it applies once 930 plus 20% def buff. So I regenarate every 30sec 1570 shield power, nice thing. But how exactly will it be distributed ? Is it each side 1570 or is it for all sides 1570 ? That would make a huge difference and is unfortunately not explained.
Maybe a Developwer could answer that ? OR a player who calculated it ?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 08:47 AM
I really haven't been able to find a good Science Officer guide anywhere on the internet and have many similar questions. Has anyone one seen a good one on the internets?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 08:49 AM
Someone in OB had a nice one up, unfortunately I don't have the link. Try a search and toggle for archived files if you can. Anything from around Jan 1st to Jan 20th should do. It was called Science Officer Skill Guide or some such.

My bet though is he did not have the calculated info you're looking for. If you want, just ask the next person you use it on to see if all their shields regened or not
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 08:50 AM
The tooltip as I remember states that it applies it to each shield facing. So it does the 1570 to each of the four shield quadrants.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 08:51 AM
Science Team is the best for healing shields and Engineering team is the best for healing haul damage hands down every time.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 08:58 AM
There are several healing abilities almost all healing abilities also include a buff

Self heal
Emergency power to shields - engineering - shield heal over time plus buff

Heal either self of others
Engineering team - hull heal + buff
Science team - Science - shield heal - special note this removes viral matrix from others
Hazard Emitters - Science - hull heal + buff also removes dots and other status effects

Other heal only
Extend shields - engineering heals shields based off the casters shield strength
Transfer shield strength - science - similar to extend shield

Some other buffs
Tactical team - tactical - removes boarding parties and improves dps of target
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 09:30 AM
Let me see if I can answer your questions (and add a bit of info to try and help with the "best healer i can be" situation)

First off: Transfer Shield Strength I and Transfer Shield Strength II is an Ensign and Lt. power respectively for Bridge officers. This skill depends a lot on Aux Power level and you get the greatest "bang" for your buck the more Aux you have available. You can train one Science officer to have both powers which will work in space but yes they will share device cooldown, which will be different from power cooldown.

Device cooldown: is the amount of time that powers like Shield Strength, Feedback Pulse, Dampening Field can be used because they all use a device called the "System Deflector Dish". You can't use those powers back to back because well, you're literally using that device for a function and it can't do two things at once and needs to recharge. Coincidentally, if you want greater effects on powers that use the Deflector dish, you should spend points or find items that give a boost to this system.

Power Cooldown: thats independant from the device cooldown in the fact that its skill training that may recharge the amount of time that power is available. I'm not in-game at the moment but I think more skill in Shield recharge skills decreases the cooldown time. Double check by clicking on the power and adding some points to be sure (REMEMBER: if you don't hit accept no points get used so go crazy and see how far 9 skill points take you)

Additional Info:
As a Science Captian yourself, you get special level III powers the more you invest in a particular skill tree. In case you were curious:
Starship Deflector Field / Captain / Deflector Field Abilities / Unlocks Train Feedback Pulse III

Now for Hazard Emmitters? You can also find Hazard Emmitters 1 and 2 in Bridge Officers as well, and yes only as Ensign and Lt. level respectively just like above.

Hazard Emitters cleanses the ship of any fire or radiation hazards as well as restoring some hull strength over time. It also gives a hull repair over time and good resists (over30%) for around 15 seconds. Bonuses increase the duration but not by much. AUX has absolutely no effect on this power at last test! So you can use it whether you are at 5% or 150% Aux, it won't make a difference.

This power shares a device cooldown with "Polarize Hull" because they both use a device called "System Hazard". Again, if you want both of these abilities stronger, look for devices that boost this device.

*Special addition info:
If this is your favorite power then you are in luck! Because...
Starship Hazard System / Captain / Hazard System Abilities / Unlocks Train Hazard Emitters III
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Here is an nice post from a couple days ago.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=95051