Lt. Commander
When on those ground, exploration missions ("Find X number of Y") and there is no combat involved, can we please have the locations revealed when we do a scan?

In general, mini maps in STO need some work. Oddly, this is my primary complaint with the game, so that should be good news for Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 07:51 AM
At least the tricorder gives a direction to the nearest one now.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 07:58 AM
Generally those maps have white circles on the minimap where the items are, they're hard to see but they're there on most of the missions I've done.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 07:59 AM
Yeah, I mean it cant be much easier now can it. Hunting around for the occasional illusive 'whatever' is the only challenging part of these missions. Take that away and .. well what is left? Personally I think they need to make these easter-egg hunt missions a bit tougher. Put in some random hostile wildlife, or a tricky bit of terrain that has to be navigated.. anything to overcome the boredom of yet another hunt.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike000 View Post
At least the tricorder gives a direction to the nearest one now.
Yeah back in beta there was a time when the tricorder didn't even give us a direction indicator. All it gave was a text message saying something like "There are 3 anomalies in the area". Gee, that was a big help.

But I've noticed now that even on missions where you have to say "disarm X bombs" that the tricorder will point you towards actual mission objectives, not just anomalies. I've even seen it point to 'non-mission' objectives like towards a nearby injured colonist that needed to be healed.

Basically I think the tricorder is set to point towards anything you need to accomplish. My guess is that if you find a mission where it's not helping you then that's probably a bug with that particular mission, not a failing of the way the tricorder works in general now.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 10:12 AM
Yep - the tricorder will point to the nearest interactive object now (though not enemies...which can be a pain in a couple missions) so lootable crates, scannable points-of-interest, anomalies, mission objectives like consoles, etc. will get pointed to.