Lt. Commander
Hello there fellow Captains.

Basically I'm looking for a friendly fleet with no strict participation requirements in terms of "play on a particular day or else, blah blah". I have a busy job and have responsibilities in my personal life too that mean I can't always have a schedule where I'll play at the same time every week, etc.

I've been members of guilds in other games that were more social based (good quality chat between people, always the option to shout and ask if anyone is around to help with a mission, etc) and wondered if any such fleets existed.

A bonus would be some level of RP within said fleet (Star Trek RP and I go way back).
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 06:34 AM
Hey there Keo,

I am Letum Omnis, of TCON (The Consortium). You may wish to give our group a look. We are made up of a group of mature gamers, and are a"family style" group, without any specific time requirements.

We are very social, and have a good bit of members on most of the time for chat and questions, so I think you be happy here.

Just a glimpse of some of the things we can offer:
  1. We are extremely well organized, with command structure, ranks, and advancement in place.
  2. Clearly identified means of promotion within the fleet that corresponds with the in game ranking structure.
  3. Fun, family friendly atmosphere.
  4. NO DRAMA! We have a mature, drama free member base, with strong leadership.
  5. Good size fleet, (over 75 on the roster now, and growing).
  6. Global member base (U.S., UK, NZ), so we typically will have someone on at all times.
  7. Seven (7) year history together in various MMO's, and have accomplished much in our previous MMO's
  8. A nice mix of folks who RP. So if you enjoy that, we can offer it as well.
  9. Close knit group of folks who are willing to go the extra mile to help you out, and make you feel at home.
  10. We have vent, and forums.

I suggest heading over to our primary recruting thread and our forums for more information, and see what you think. If you think we are a good fit, then feel free to contact me here, on our forums, or in game.

My in game name is the same as my signature. (Letum Omnis@flakk)

Links to our webpage and primary recruiting thread are in my signature.
(Contain additional information)

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 10:15 AM
You might be interested in the SBO...

Starfleet Black Ops has been together for around 6 or 7 years and started out in the Beta with around 20 alumni members. We also picked up another 10 or so just since the Beta started without actively recruiting.

We're all older players who love Trek and do a modest amount of Fleet Role Playing on our forums outside the game. We spend a lot of time hanging out on Ventrillo chatting it up and have been waiting for STO patiently since the STarfleet Command III days where we used to run as a fleet on every campaign we could get our hands on.

Hollar if you're interested!

Our forums:
http://www.upit1.com/forum/showforum.php?fid/111/

Our temporary website:
http://starfleetblackops.gamerdna.com/join
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 10:38 AM
As a representative of the Canadian Federation it is my honour to extend an invitation to you Keo.

Our members are mature and practical in their conduct. We were formed by casual players whom like to have all the benefits of a fleet without any of the hassles of a rigid command structure. While we may be casual we are very dedicated. Above all else our fleet is about getting together and having fun with our members. The majority of our members are Canadian and American, but don't let that hold you back, we are open to everyone. We have a dedicated Ventrilo server for Fleet communication.

We have a division set up for RP which sounds like you'd like it. We currently have 60+ active members and are always looking for more. RL comes first with us so we never have any regulations that say you must play X amount of hours.

So if you like what you hear, please come and check out our site. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me or any of our other fleet members.

Thank you for your consideration,

The Canadian Federation
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Welcome Captain!

We are Rogue Specter, and would love to have you!

Founded in 2408 on Starbase 500, We are a fleet that has a small amount of members--currently--looking for many more--We are compiled of people who have been in both Closed and Open beta, People who have little gaming experience, and people who have a lot or this is their first MMO.We are friendly, and casual, and we do not require role play but encourage it.

Our Fleet was founded on the principles that many others simply refuse to acknowledge--that every individual has an opinion, and their opinion is entitled.

We are Rogue Specter Fleet--We are members who have broken away from another Fleet during Open Beta because we simply did not thrive off of the drama that their fleet had--this is a game, and we did not want to have the drama that most MMO's experience interfere with game play.

We were founded on January 19th 2010--We have both a Ventrilo Server and a Chat Server. We Welcome opinions, and diversity--and We help our members in pvp, pve and other game play. Our application process is easy.

We Welcome you to our site--please join us if you want a fair, drama free, MMO Experience.

http://www.roguespecter.webs.com
We have both RP and non RP members that do enjoy just playing with eachother.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Heya Keo,

I have to say that I think the Light Knights could be a fleet you'd want to check out!

We're a fleet/gaming community based around the social side of gaming (e.g. rl meet, drunken singing on TS) and we are casual yet progressive i.e. we dont ask you to play a certain number of hours but we will, through our team work, take on all end game content with a view to smashing it into the ground

Anways, feel free to check out our info thread on this forum: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=92895

Our Portal/Forum can be found at: http://www.light-knights.co.uk

/cheers