Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
It doesn't take much to take notice that all the Klingons are going to excort ships with max heavy cannons, sure you say its just part of the game. How many time you see 5 vs 5 in a battle and the Klingons have 5 kills and Feds have, not even one? I fly engineer in a cruiser because they are the best tank in game right? Why is it I can tank a level 19 dreadnaught, yet I can't even tank a Klingon with full cannon setup for mroe then 10 seconds, it appears he can uncloak and shoot and have me down to hull within 3-4 seconds, not evben enough time to use my abilities most of time and even then my abilities such as hull repair and shield repair do allmost nothing with the 3 cannons continuely hitting me.

If thats not enough proof for u next time look at the report in a pvp match and look at the damages feds roughly 1k-15k damage most of time sometimes a bit more. While the Klingons are 50k-110k damage. The only time that is differnt is when u don't have a group of klingons using all cannons. When they use beams and torpedos it does seem alot more fair, yet i can't even place a mk iv cannon on a cruiser, but they can place 3.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 11:46 AM
NPC's dont stack abilities, Players do...
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 11:49 AM
Yes, cannons should be fed only.

/sarcasm
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 11:52 AM
i never said that Fed should have the cannons what i am saying is there should be a delay less damage on the cannons or a limit of how many can be placed on ships, cause they are way overpowered
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 11:55 AM
They gave one side better tanks and the other better damage. Other than making all the ships identical its pretty much the only way to try and balance them.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 11:55 AM
wheres the better shield cause they lasted all of 2.5 seconds
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentan View Post
I don't know what I am doing, but nerf cannons because kdf uses them and I keep losing.
I simplified this for you.

Okay, lesson 1 for fed pvp goes as follows :

"One on one you are no match for the klingons. Together, you are stronger than they are."

They have more forward guns, cloaking, more maneuverability, more burst fire.

Outlast that burst fire and you have a 50/50 shot.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 11:57 AM
why do u keep making excuses, to defend how unfair gameplay is, cause right now it stinks with the cannons setup like they are, not much of a 50/50 shot is there, all klingons have to do is cloak or run because of there speed. all they have to do to kill us is place all out cannons and kill us quicker then u can even get shield down to maybe 10-20 percent?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Klingons generally lose to organized well balanced Fed teams. Keep this in mind.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentan View Post
why do u keep making excuses, to defend how unfair gameplay is, cause right now it stinks with the cannons setup like they are, not much of a 50/50 shot is there, all klingons have to do is cloak or run because of there speed. all they have to do to kill us is place all out cannons and kill us quicker then u can even get shield down to maybe 10-20 percent?
Ok, ok. I have already posted that I thought that it was an odd choice by the developers to kit out the klingon ships in gear that is ideal for their role including consoles.

T1 pvp has a lot of issues for feds, not the least of which being that they may not have bridge officers that are appropriate for pvp, and their default gear has a somewhat lower dps but wider firing arc which means that they have no opportunity to kill quickly even in an ideal positional situation except to use torpedos - if they are using torpedos they might as well use dual beams, which have the same firing arc.

I do play kdf... but I'm willing to admit that the miranda doesn't really stack up agains the t1 bop very well. 3 dedicated consoles vs 3 universal consoles means that the miranda is mediocre for every role, whereas the bird of prey can be 2 sci officers for a sci captain, and 2 engineering officers for an engineer, and two tactical officers for a tactical captain. Having two tactical officers permits a player to have two high yield torps, cutting that timer in half. Or beam overload + high yield torps.

I think the t1 bop could stand to come down a fair bit. It wouldn't really hurt the kdf much - we're only in that ship for 5 levels, and it would give newbie feds a break.

I really also don't mind the newbie kdf having a harder time. I want our side to be forged in fire.