Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-02-2010, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curs0r View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
No issues with Best Buy myself. Got my notice my pre-order was ready for pick up last night. No "Oh, sorry, we canceled your order" like people have ran into with some of the other retailers. Or the re-install problems with another one.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-02-2010, 05:45 AM
The Pre-Order FAQ, which isn't there and I don't remember the link now, said what the Best Buy version was. It is an out of combat healing device. Just like the one in game. It is not a vanity pet that follows you around. The difference is nothing really, though you can end up with a buff tribble depending on what it's fed. The Targ on the other hand is just a vanity pet.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-03-2010, 11:58 AM
i would just like to know why when i re-deemed my tribble from the c-store it said that it was a common item. my targ was exclusive but not my tribble. That kind of defeated the whole pre-order from best buy. had i know that this was going to happen i would have pre-ordered from a different vendor.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
Tribble from best buy = Vanity Pet.

It follows you around in ground areas.

Tribbles in game = combat/non-combat buffing devices for ground. You rub it and it goes back in your pocket.

You could at least wait til you actually see the difference or lack thereof before posting complaints...

How does a living dust bunny follow you around? I haven't seen any of those pets around.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-03-2010, 12:04 PM
I read in another thread that the Best Buy tribble gives an hour long buff to regeneration, damage resistance, and damage. If so, that's pretty useful. I opted not to go to Best Buy, though, so I can't personally say that this is true.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-03-2010, 12:06 PM
When I tried my Best Buy Pre-order tribble last night, it was similar to the ones in the game I encountered in open-beta. It does not follow you around, it sits in your inventory and you can pet it. Except it doesn't heal, it gives you a buff. Now I never ran into the buff tribbles in beta, all the ones I had drop or had multiply were all heal ones, so I don't know how the buff ones that you can get that way work. The pre-order one buffs 3 things and lasts for an hour. I'll check tonight when I get home and see what exactly it buffs, I can't remember right now.

Edit - I just saw Aris' post and those three do sound like what was getting buffed with mine.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aris
I read in another thread that the Best Buy tribble gives an hour long buff to regeneration, damage resistance, and damage. If so, that's pretty useful. I opted not to go to Best Buy, though, so I can't personally say that this is true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwood
When I tried my Best Buy Pre-order tribble last night, it was similar to the ones in the game I encountered in open-beta. It does not follow you around, it sits in your inventory and you can pet it. Except it doesn't heal, it gives you a buff. Now I never ran into the buff tribbles in beta, all the ones I had drop or had multiply were all heal ones, so I don't know how the buff ones that you can get that way work. The pre-order one buffs 3 things and lasts for an hour. I'll check tonight when I get home and see what exactly it buffs, I can't remember right now.

Edit - I just saw Aris' post and those three do sound like what was getting buffed with mine.
I got one and that is pretty much the difference. The regular tribbles you find in game activated out-of-combat and only heals your life. It has a small cooldown timer.

The Best Buy ones give you the hour-long buff to regen, damage, and damage resistance, so it is a pretty handy thing to have.

I still have to test out the Targ.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-03-2010, 12:15 PM
the tribbles available in-game give either a short damage buff ora short regen buff ora short resistance buff. the Best Buy tribble has an appearance different from the in-game tribbles, and combines all three of these into an hour long buff.
The short of it is that, even though you can get tribbles in game, they're not as good as the best buy fuzzball.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-03-2010, 12:22 PM
The tribble does not follow you around, although it does give you that buff.

It also is a slightly different color that the tribble I had already from a drop, however I don't know if there are different colored ones, or if just the Best Buy one is different.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold-Rush View Post
I got one and that is pretty much the difference. The regular tribbles you find in game activated out-of-combat and only heals your life. It has a small cooldown timer.

The Best Buy ones give you the hour-long buff to regen, damage, and damage resistance, so it is a pretty handy thing to have.

I still have to test out the Targ.

Good to know that the BB Trib gives a nice little buff.

I am hoping that the Targ is more than just a cosmetic pet and that it can actually attack.
It would be cool to be a Targ Handler.
But I think its just a non-combat pet.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:42 AM.