Lt. Commander
# 1 Just Hung Up On Cryptic
02-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Ok, I was just told by an employee of Cryptic that you DO need a CC to enjoy their game. This to me is false advertisement due to the fact that it says ABSOULTELY NOWHERE on the box, or in the terms agreement that you need a CC to continue. Anyone who wants to call me out on this subject, please do. Otherwise, all I can do is throw the game away. Enjoy my money you crooks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 12:13 PM
As disgusted and unhappy with Cryptic as I am...why not simply get a gift card with a Visa logo and pay for it that way?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 12:15 PM
isent there a game card option?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostap
isent there a game card option?
I've not seen one yet, but the prepaid visa cards mentioned above work fine, and are as safe and simple as using a game card.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 12:18 PM
why are you all moaning...why not just use paypal?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Says on the box "requires subscription to play". Unless you were planning on paying that subscription with moaning forum posts, I don't really see where you could get it into your head that you wouldn't require a credit/debit card/paypal account to pay it with.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOak View Post
Says on the box "requires subscription to play". Unless you were planning on paying that subscription with moaning forum posts, I don't really see where you could get it into your head that you wouldn't require a credit/debit card/paypal account to pay it with.
This. And for those asking, when I set up my sub I saw an option for a game card. Or it might have been "game time", something you buy from the Cryptic store. Anyway, there was an alternative to using a credit card.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOak View Post

That's the mindset of younger gamers these days. They're not supposed to pay for anything. (I've seen people like him using the same types of complaints to justify piracy).