Lt. Commander
# 1 Time sink one glareing problem
02-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Another excellent thread (read it sign it if you agree) has brouhgt up something .

The DP is not in game as I have heard that they want to limit time sinks. If this is true (I have no idea) they missed the worst Time Sink in game. Anomalies (sorry for spelling) and getting them. They are required for upgrades, there are lots of types, and good upgrades require lots of them. SO basicly you need to clean out every system you go to. From my playing time so far combat part of mission is 1/5th of the time i spend in system, rest is flying all over collecting the 3-5 anomalies. I do not find this fun, entertaining in any way. I dont have a sollution in mind, but the current implementation is flat out slow, boring and uninspired. I get the whole Exploring part, but this isnt exploring ir hit V fly to closest one, hit V repeat till no more.

I wish i had an idea to make this more interesting, maybe RARE anomalies? chance of combat? it would still boil down to long slow flying to each one.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 11:55 AM
This game is no where near difficult enough that you need to farm anomalies as you level. At level cap we will shortly have "raidisodes" which are likely to drop better gear then that you need to farm anomalies for.

Anomaly farming is a non-combat OPTION for getting gear.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clok1966 View Post
The DP is not in game as I have heard that they want to limit time sinks. If this is true (I have no idea) they missed the worst Time Sink in game. Anomalies (sorry for spelling) and getting them. They are required for upgrades, there are lots of types, and good upgrades require lots of them. SO basicly you need to clean out every system you go to. From my playing time so far combat part of mission is 1/5th of the time i spend in system, rest is flying all over collecting the 3-5 anomalies. I do not find this fun, entertaining in any way. I dont have a sollution in mind, but the current implementation is flat out slow, boring and uninspired. I get the whole Exploring part, but this isnt exploring ir hit V fly to closest one, hit V repeat till no more.
I don't see how anomalies are required? I have tried to get past Romaine, trading over 70 individual transactions, then gave up. Now I am using stuff I got for Badges of Exploration... anomalies are entirely optional, if you ask me.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Ok strange as it sound, my gameing past has me conditioned to think I needed to do this. Right up to the the last posts. I am only level 11 and most gear i have got is actually pretty on par with the stuff from the anomalies i must agree. But in the later game is this going to hold true? or will they pull a WoW and make crafting worht while when nobody did it? It seems that I wont be able to get the other people In alpha to talk to me unless i turn alot in to the first person. Right now I'm really in the hardcore learning stage, much I do not know, even more that i think I know but have wrong.

If i could just skip the anomalie stuff and not be penilised later (or have to spend hours grinding it ) i wont be disapointed.

One thing, atm it seems the DPS ships get all the loot as its based on DPS, so us fools who are sticking to Science and other foolish ideas are not going to be king in that area. We still going to get loot? And yes the really good players can do well at almost any ship, but much as I would love to claim the "really good player" title.. i would go more for "not to bad, could be better" player.

Not being a tool, really wondering.