Lt. Commander
# 91
02-02-2010, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Beecher View Post
Sorry to hear that you're not receiving your rewards.

I agree in that it is probably a bug etc.

No offense and just trying to help yet, your inventory is not full correct? I do know that if I forgot to sell some items or power cells and my inventory is full, I cannot receive mission rewards. Just throwing that out there is all....
Still, even if your inventory is full, it should be, as it has happened with me when my inventory was full, that the mission does not complete because it could not give you the reward. I had clicked to complete one mission 3 times before I realized that my inventory was full.

It's a bug, plain and simple and is, quite honestly, a game breaking one and should be at the TOP of the the high priority list of bugs to fix. I mean, it's why we do the missions, right? At least partly, but in a big part.
Lt. Commander
# 92
02-02-2010, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timofnine View Post
You must be doing something wrong, I've had a perfect few days of gaming so far, besides the offline server issues of course....
He is not doing anything wrong.
I am missing one bridge officer and a mkii armour as rewards from quests. So i guess this is happening to several players.
Lt. Commander
# 93
02-02-2010, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Yes, please! We need as much information as you have in order to find this and deal with it. CS is sending along your in-game bug reports as well, but if you can tell us what mission you completed, what reward you chose, if your inventory was full, even what time this occurred, all of that is helpful information which can help us to track this one down and get it resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Stormshade
That's part of the problem, it is random across ALL quests/missions. It is just like most of the other bugs, it happens to most of the players and all at varying times ans places. An example the ground graphics combat/weapons fire. That is not certain weapons or powers, it is most of them sporadically not working as proper.
Lt. Commander
# 94
02-02-2010, 06:54 AM
i have played through beta and now through head start. had this issue in beta reported it. no problem so far. its like the bug when you contact starfleet admiral quin and it says mission can not be resolved. go to the sol starbase talked directly and resolved it. the bug seems to be in the hailstarfleet button. f you talk dirrectly nothing goes wrong. but when you hail and it happens every so often that something goes wrong. would be checking that area of the game for the bug. plus it might depened on what os you are running win 7 seems to have no real issues. but what computer i play on does laptop has more problems than my desktop.
Lt. Commander
# 95
02-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiyna123 View Post
I'm not one to complain - I've been a supporter of this game from the start and I have genuinely tried very hard to believe in Cryptic and put my faith in them to fix what is wrong with the game. I can tolerate server downtime, I've been around the block frequently when it comes to MMO launches, so I know that's expected. However, with that being said, what I cannot tolerate is finding a completely game breaking bug that hasn't even been addressed by the Dev's and/or Community Manager.

The issue is that I'm not receiving mission rewards. I'm a fairly casual player - I spend what time I can in game doing missions and trying to upgrade my equipment. However, since Headstart began I've not gotten a total of 4 gear based mission rewards and 2 Bridge Officer rewards. So, in the course of 2 days playing I have not received 6 of the mission rewards I was entitled to. Yes, I was entitled to them, I did the missions, I spent my time running all over the place for Sulu, or Quinn, and I am entitled to the rewards for doing so. However, when I select the reward and hit accept nothing is given to me. I checked my chat and it never states that I have acquired the item that I have chosen.

How is this acceptable? When I spend over an hour doing a mission and get absolutely nothing at the end, that's very very frustrating. I can tell you from playing MMO's for over 10 years that if this isn't fixed by Tuesday there will be hell to pay from the community who are paying for the game, and there's going to be huge backlash to Cryptic's reputation.

You can tell me "Welcome to an MMO launch" all you like, however I have been a part of just about every MMO launch since EQ1 and I can tell you, without a doubt that I have never NOT received a quest reward in any of the games I have beta tested.

If this had happened once, I would chalk it up to growing pains, hell even if it happened twice, but this has happened 6 times in 2 days. I think it's safe to say that that is not growing pains, this is something that is severely broken, and needs to be fixed before this game goes live to the general public.
this has happened to my roommate. A GM finally responded today saying as of 2/2 the issues are fixed BUT that they wouldn't give him the rewards
Lt. Commander
# 96
02-03-2010, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishatherley View Post
a major update/patch like there was when the client went from open beta to headstart? yeh that 59MB patch was massive! must have done a huge number of things....

this is it, this is launch, just cos there are a lot of ppl on headstart setups, u cant hide behind the "wait til launch" excuse anymore
A patch does not need to be a huge size to change a lot, code makes very little difference to size.
Lt. Commander
# 97
02-03-2010, 01:08 PM
I am having many many quest related issues. Both not getting credit for quests, a few times just didn't get the reward. It seems that the longer qu ests for me have more problems. Filled pretty detailed reports and was pretty disappointed with the gms so far. Instead of making it right, they just do the quick and easy for them.. While this is okay for beta but once it is released product, expectations change. GMs are a service and such make a huge differnce in the quality. Give me a game full of bugs with great support, over one that has less bugs but terrible powerless gms.

For the record, I love the game, and thus I really do want it to be the best.
Lt. Commander
# 98
02-03-2010, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicovia
I am having many many quest related issues. Both not getting credit for quests, a few times just didn't get the reward. It seems that the longer qu ests for me have more problems. Filled pretty detailed reports and was pretty disappointed with the gms so far. Instead of making it right, they just do the quick and easy for them.. While this is okay for beta but once it is released product, expectations change. GMs are a service and such make a huge differnce in the quality. Give me a game full of bugs with great support, over one that has less bugs but terrible powerless gms.

For the record, I love the game, and thus I really do want it to be the best.
I'm sorry to hear that this is still happening. I thought it had been fixed because I haven't had this issue for a few days now. Hopefully it will be fixed for everyone soon.