Lt. Commander
what a care-bare way of doing this game... OMG they need to sooooo need to revamp this game or they will loose so much money.... don't like it? its true. ive watched many "MMO"s make the same mistakes and they are now dieing for users to come back.....

--- Missions are impossible to fail
wonder why people are getting admiral so fast??? meh
--- unproductive death penalty

--- No control, thrusters do not work in STO
moving in this game is just left and right spirals - thats it!
--- NO REAL PVP, just minigames

This is going to be ugly if they do not make changes....

so far this game only has the content of Star Trek, The game-play is not Star Trek, and the feel is not Star Trek.......

Trekkie's will not accept this game for much longer, please make changes!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobe1980 View Post
what a care-bare way of doing this game... OMG they need to sooooo need to revamp this game or they will loose so much money.... don't like it? its true. ive watched many "MMO"s make the same mistakes and they are now dieing for users to come back.....

--- Missions are impossible to fail
wonder why people are getting admiral so fast??? meh
--- unproductive death penalty

--- No control, thrusters do not work in STO
moving in this game is just left and right spirals - thats it!
--- NO REAL PVP, just minigames

This is going to be ugly if they do not make changes....

so far this game only has the content of Star Trek, The game-play is not Star Trek, and the feel is not Star Trek.......

I quite like it actually, the missions are often episodic in a star trek style and they've tried very hard to be authentic with the look and feel and familiar with many 'canon' names, items, places etc. which were not crtiical to the base game. I'm quite a casual gameplayer so a control style thats not overly complex is kind of preferable and its certainly better than if they'd tried to do some sort of cockpit sim or worse (worse being a system like in DAC which was vile). btw I've been a trekkie since I was 5 (35 yrs ago).
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 01:26 PM
As a star trek fan I've got to say I've been blown away by how great the game is. I get to explore jsut like the series..meet various alien lifeforms and shoot Klingons. The 'episodes' feel like episodes from the series and it's been great to run across many icons from the series like the Gorgons from TOS and Orion space pirates.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobe1980 View Post
I accept this and by the sounds of it so do thousands more!