Lt. Commander
# 291
02-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codebreaker1963 View Post
Well one disapointment to one plus to even it out.

Plus is the character creation, I have to say thats good.

Disapointment:

I've tried each character from fresh, i.e. Engineer/science officer/tactical officer, More of a question really, why is it they all do the same start program? Why do they not have different branches to follow at start, based on the skills, i.e. Science office, you could start the story that they have to rescue someone. Engineer: A mission were you have to fight of aliens, but at the same time fix equipment. Tactical officer: Your being taken to a planet to train in defence, while on this planet your attacked by the borg and so on, but at the moment, they all follow the same path at the start of the game.
great point
Lt. Commander
# 292
02-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Ok well mmmm,

Crafting, would this involve new characters for that profession? or would it be crafting for the only 3 professions in sto? i.e. engineer.tactical.science or would they add characters or aliens that could do professions outside starfleet? it's going to depend how fare you want to go, either open up sto to outsider professions, or just stick with the 3 and crafting revolves around your character be that science, tactical or engineer.

I would hope to see it open up to allow crafting which would create spies/gun runners/ship builders and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucebleo
I don't really mean about what the engine can do. That could take a while for us to get any sort of idea of what limitations they as developers have. I simply meant using what we know they CAN do right now this minute. Crafting for example.....we know they could implement this relatively easy. All the areas they need are in place. Memory Alpha for example is huge but it is currently a ghost town. a few NPC vendors and a kitchen flip top bin is all that is there. Where are the banks, exchanges mail terminals? All these things they could implement without making major changes to the core mechanics of the game.

Just a comprehensive list of what they need to add to this game in its current state in order to bring it to the state that an MMO made in 2010 should be made to
Lt. Commander
# 293
02-03-2010, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaankme View Post
Really?
I dont remember having to pay REAL MONEY to resepc in WoW.

And I dont remember having to shell out REAL MONEY to have added content (that wasn't finshed yet) added to the game.

I think you are a poor sheep with your own wool over your eyes.
Well:

Transfer a WoW character to another server: $30.00
Rename a WoW character: $25.00
WoW faction change Horde<---->Alliance: $25.00

No, you're right, Blizzard doesn't charge for a thing in WoW. (And don't get me wrong, I understand that copying data, etc does have work involved - but the prices Blizzard has are a bit high omo - $10.00 - $15.00 for any of the above could be considered 'reasonable' but $25.00+, if that's not gougeing then I don't know what is).
Lt. Commander
# 294
02-03-2010, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Well one disapointment to one plus to even it out.

Plus is the character creation, I have to say thats good.

Disapointment:

I've tried each character from fresh, i.e. Engineer/science officer/tactical officer, More of a question really, why is it they all do the same start program? Why do they not have different branches to follow at start, based on the skills, i.e. Science office, you could start the story that they have to rescue someone. Engineer: A mission were you have to fight of aliens, but at the same time fix equipment. Tactical officer: Your being taken to a planet to train in defence, while on this planet your attacked by the borg and so on, but at the moment, they all follow the same path at the start of the game.
you mean why do they always start with the borg attack. it's easier to have the same tutorial at the start then to branch it out. it would be nice to branch out, and maybe start the tutorial at star fleet academy then have it end with the borg attack.

the only problem I could see with is the fact that the tutorial mite take to long. ( remember a good number of gamers have ADD ) maybe after what we have not you could be given the option of more training. ( at SFA maybe add some items as rewards .) not not force it on people.
Lt. Commander
# 295
02-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Well it shouldn't take longer if you have 3 seperate missions for each profession that take as long, but different storys for each profession to follow that perhaps are apart of the bigger story, what I mean by that is all 3 perfessions start off in different places and follow differnet parts of the story based on their profession. But the ending could be the same...So each profession takes part in the story from diffent angles based of the profession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
you mean why do they always start with the borg attack. it's easier to have the same tutorial at the start then to branch it out. it would be nice to branch out, and maybe start the tutorial at star fleet academy then have it end with the borg attack.

the only problem I could see with is the fact that the tutorial mite take to long. ( remember a good number of gamers have ADD ) maybe after what we have not you could be given the option of more training. ( at SFA maybe add some items as rewards .) not not force it on people.
Lt. Commander
# 296
02-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Ok well mmmm,

Crafting, would this involve new characters for that profession? or would it be crafting for the only 3 professions in sto? i.e. engineer.tactical.science or would they add characters or aliens that could do professions outside starfleet? it's going to depend how fare you want to go, either open up sto to outsider professions, or just stick with the 3 and crafting revolves around your character be that science, tactical or engineer.

I would hope to see it open up to allow crafting which would create spies/gun runners/ship builders and so on.
maybe what we need is a civilian class. one who get transports instead of federation ships. have them go out. and mine for resources. maybe they could have a scanner that can be used to point the way to the resource they need. ( kind of like resource scanners in SWG) so you're flying in you're ship in one of the exploration clusters, you hit the scanner, and it points you in the direction on where to go. when you get there you beam down, and mine. ( doesn't even have to take that long. ) maybe ad in a mini game, and depending on how well you do on the mini game decides the grade of the ore, also how long you mine is how much ore. so if someone wanted to they could spend all day mining. ( i would say no auto mining )
Lt. Commander
# 297
02-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Dude

NOTHING lives up to the hype
Lt. Commander
# 298
02-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Well yes, but now we can expand on that idea with, yes have auto mining and you can setup mines in different area's, BUT they are open to attacks by the borg or klingons steal the ore you have collected and so on. More detail the better, something to occupie your mind and keep you working and thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
maybe what we need is a civilian class. one who get transports instead of federation ships. have them go out. and mine for resources. maybe they could have a scanner that can be used to point the way to the resource they need. ( kind of like resource scanners in SWG) so you're flying in you're ship in one of the exploration clusters, you hit the scanner, and it points you in the direction on where to go. when you get there you beam down, and mine. ( doesn't even have to take that long. ) maybe ad in a mini game, and depending on how well you do on the mini game decides the grade of the ore, also how long you mine is how much ore. so if someone wanted to they could spend all day mining. ( i would say no auto mining )
Lt. Commander
# 299
02-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Well it shouldn't take longer if you have 3 seperate missions for each profession that take as long, but different storys for each profession to follow that perhaps are apart of the bigger story, what I mean by that is all 3 perfessions start off in different places and follow differnet parts of the story based on their profession. But the ending could be the same...So each profession takes part in the story from diffent angles based of the profession.
that would be nice. ( sadly for time reasons it how it is now ) it could be sweet for it to be changed later on. then again I can't remember an mmo that did that. ( and I'm serious I can't remember the EvE tut, wow, Tut, or any of the others I've played. please if you know one post it. )
Lt. Commander
# 300
02-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gash-jackel View Post
Dude

NOTHING lives up to the hype
QFT!!

10 char
Closed Thread