Lt. Commander
I just pre-ordered the game from Direct2Drive, and when I entered my pre-order key that they gave me, I get the error message, "This key does not activate any known products". Obviously, there is a problem, so what is happening, and what is the resolution?

For the sake of information, after I pre-ordered, I registered a new account here. (I wanted to have a more intelligent user name for ingame purposes.) Is it possible my key somehow got connected to my old account here? (I've already tried using it on that account, and I get the same error, so I don't think that's possible.

In any case, is there any way I can get a key that works from a moderator or admin, if I can prove that I have actually pre-ordered the game?

<EDIT> Wouldn't you know it, it works fine now. I used the link provided in the Direct2Drive's instructions and it worked. I don't know why it worked that way, but not by navigating to that page myself, but either way, it works now, so I guess this thread is now useless, except as an example for others.

Thanks anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_House_of_Darok View Post
I just pre-ordered the game from Direct2Drive, and when I entered my pre-order key that they gave me, I get the error message, "This key does not activate any known products". Obviously, there is a problem, so what is happening, and what is the resolution?

For the sake of information, after I pre-ordered, I registered a new account here. (I wanted to have a more intelligent user name for ingame purposes.) Is it possible my key somehow got connected to my old account here? (I've already tried using it on that account, and I get the same error, so I don't think that's possible.

In any case, is there any way I can get a key that works from a moderator or admin, if I can prove that I have actually pre-ordered the game?

<EDIT> Wouldn't you know it, it works fine now. I used the link provided in the Direct2Drive's instructions and it worked. I don't know why it worked that way, but not by navigating to that page myself, but either way, it works now, so I guess this thread is now useless, except as an example for others.

Thanks anyway.
You needed to wait a few minutes (5-10minutes) I had this problem with steam but after a while it worked. Its because steam or in your case D2D will generate the code but then it will take a few minutes for them to get the code registered with cryptic.
Lt. Commander
I bought mine in Gamersgate some 6 hours before launch and started downloading. Two days later (it is bloody slow to download from there) the activation key still doen't work.

The same message "This key does not activate any known products", but it won't go away even though I waited way more than 10 minutes.

What else vould it be? Bad activation key?

Marcelo
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarceloMelo
I bought mine in Gamersgate some 6 hours before launch and started downloading. Two days later (it is bloody slow to download from there) the activation key still doen't work.

The same message "This key does not activate any known products", but it won't go away even though I waited way more than 10 minutes.

What else vould it be? Bad activation key?

Marcelo
Unlikely. The most probably cause is account server lag caused by people trying to register. If it doesn' clear up though you could contact the support folks and have them check for you.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Thanks DocSavag, I will try tomorrow morning (GMT - 3), when I suppose most customers will be at bed.

I opened up a ticket anyway, I guess this is what you meant by 'support folks check for me'.

Cheers

Marcelo