Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I'm wondering if anyone who gets to the top tier of ships wishs they could go back and pvp in lower level areas? (not with an advantage, just a fair fight) I made it to level 21 or so in the OB and wasn't too impressed with things at commander and had a lot more fun playing with my ship in levels 11-20.

So I'm wondering are you locked out of the content you've gone through in the past once you level up? Or is there someway to go back and play those matches if you liked those better?

I'm not looking to take a tier 5 ship into tier 1 combat, but it seems like as you progress you are locked into a new system of combat that forces you to use certain ships. So if you love that enterprise cruiser and want to fly that around all day once you hit level 21 you're kind of ....out of luck. You can stick with it for pve but for PVP won't it just make you a huge target? (since you'll be locked into combat with much more powerful ships?)

Would anyone want the ability to visit each one of the tiers of combat? Not with an advantage, but like the game would assume you're lvl 20 or something if you chose to go and play a tier 2 match, or 30 if you wanted to play a tier 3 match?

Seems like this would open up a lot more content as you progress rather than just forcing you out of one bracket and into another?

Plus the reliant is awesome. And I'd love to go back and pvp in that some more...against fair opponents.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbler View Post
I'm wondering if anyone who gets to the top tier of ships wishs they could go back and pvp in lower level areas? (not with an advantage, just a fair fight) I made it to level 21 or so in the OB and wasn't too impressed with things at commander and had a lot more fun playing with my ship in levels 11-20.

So I'm wondering are you locked out of the content you've gone through in the past once you level up? Or is there someway to go back and play those matches if you liked those better?

I'm not looking to take a tier 5 ship into tier 1 combat, but it seems like as you progress you are locked into a new system of combat that forces you to use certain ships. So if you love that enterprise cruiser and want to fly that around all day once you hit level 21 you're kind of ....out of luck. You can stick with it for pve but for PVP won't it just make you a huge target? (since you'll be locked into combat with much more powerful ships?)

Would anyone want the ability to visit each one of the tiers of combat? Not with an advantage, but like the game would assume you're lvl 20 or something if you chose to go and play a tier 2 match, or 30 if you wanted to play a tier 3 match?

Seems like this would open up a lot more content as you progress rather than just forcing you out of one bracket and into another?

Plus the reliant is awesome. And I'd love to go back and pvp in that some more...against fair opponents.
Considering how the levels are bracketed this should be possible.

They would just truncate your character at the top of the level bracket.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-03-2010, 02:27 PM
In order for it to work you'd have to downgrade the higher player's:
Ship
Weapons
Consoles
Other gear
Ground weapons
Kits
Armour
Bridge Officers
Skillpoints

And that's just stuff I can think of off the top of my head
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulgur
In order for it to work you'd have to downgrade the higher player's:
Ship
Weapons
Consoles
Other gear
Ground weapons
Kits
Armour
Bridge Officers
Skillpoints

And that's just stuff I can think of off the top of my head
No, just theship equipment would have to conform to the level cap.

Ground weapons, armor and kits aren't used in space.
Bridge officers only use the skills the ship permits
The ship would just be the ship of the tier you intend to play
Disabling traits of higher ranks fixes the skill point problem.

And that's it!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
No, just theship equipment would have to conform to the level cap.

Ground weapons, armor and kits aren't used in space.
Bridge officers only use the skills the ship permits
The ship would just be the ship of the tier you intend to play
Disabling traits of higher ranks fixes the skill point problem.

And that's it!
1) Op said pvp, not space pvp
2) If you don't downgrade BOs you'll have people with maxed out BO skills when they shouldn't be
3) If you don't limit skill points you have people with maxed skills which shouldn't be
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-03-2010, 03:00 PM
I'm only talkng about space. Ground combat doesn't really Have this problem.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:01 PM.