Lt. Commander
# 1 Selling trained officers
02-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Maybe I have dreamed this, but I thought it would be possible to train officers and sell them on the Exchange? I can't seem to do it though. Not possible? Was possible but removed? Or will be added in the future?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 02:43 PM
At one time BO's appeared first as icons in your inventory. At this time you could sell them but only if you never activated or trained them.

Now they go into your assignments section of the skills area so no you can no longer sell them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 02:47 PM
yes you can just drag them out of assignments into your inventory.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Yeah, you can trade and sell officers.

But you can't trade and sell officers once you've activated them as a member of your BO team. You can only trade the 'unopened' BOs that appear in your assignments tab.

But you need to open 'em in order to increase or modify skills.

So the answer to the OP's question is 'no'. You can't train them and then sell 'em.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acyl View Post
Yeah, you can trade and sell officers.

But you can't trade and sell officers once you've activated them as a member of your BO team. You can only trade the 'unopened' BOs that appear in your assignments tab.

But you need to open 'em in order to increase or modify skills.

So the answer to the OP's question is 'no'. You can't train them and then sell 'em.
Thanks for the clearification.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 03:10 PM
Put in a WoW perspective - it sounds like binding items to your char.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthang
Maybe I have dreamed this, but I thought it would be possible to train officers and sell them on the Exchange? I can't seem to do it though. Not possible? Was possible but removed? Or will be added in the future?
What your suggesting is that the federation becomes a bunch of slave traders! The buying and selling of people died out in the civilised world hundreds of years ago, lets leave it there...
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELITE-Kaos View Post
What your suggesting is that the federation becomes a bunch of slave traders! The buying and selling of people died out in the civilised world hundreds of years ago, lets leave it there...
Uh no.

What OP was suggesting is the opportunity to trade/acquire trained BOs, which would be like personnel being assigned to new ships and new positions, which happens all the time.

When I read an interview with one of the devs concerning crafting, he stated that BOs would be another element in crafting, in that people could train and shape their BOs, and then trade them with friends. This functionality didn't appear to make it into the final game, and that's a damn shame, because it would have made things a hell of a lot more interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthang
It's not possible at the moment, but appears to have been the original plan (based on some dev interviews). Not sure whether it's something that's 'on the way' or if they've changed their minds about it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaMHC
Uh no.

What OP was suggesting is the opportunity to trade/acquire trained BOs, which would be like personnel being assigned to new ships and new positions, which happens all the time.

When I read an interview with one of the devs concerning crafting, he stated that BOs would be another element in crafting, in that people could train and shape their BOs, and then trade them with friends. This functionality didn't appear to make it into the final game, and that's a damn shame, because it would have made things a hell of a lot more interesting.
Yes, this is exactly what I seem to recall. Thank you