Lt. Commander
Specifically, the bottom half does not look right at all.

At very least, it needs to be darker base (so that we can actually make the pants black instead of washed-out gray). But really, it would be nice if they'd actually made a new model with bootcut pants instead of giving us a slight retexture of the tucked-in ones.

(At some later point in time I'd really like to see the other uniforms from that era, like the Engineering pressure suits, medical uniforms and enlisted jumpsuits, but I suspect if those are ever added they'll be in the C-Store rather than part of the movie promo code package.)
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 11:46 AM
There is also a glitch in the shoulder rank insignia where it gets split in half (at least for me in my Swagger stance as a human male).

Plus that insignia should change based on rank, which I'm not sure it does.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand_of_Fate View Post
There is also a glitch in the shoulder rank insignia where it gets split in half (at least for me in my Swagger stance as a human male).
The neck rank pips on the TNG-style uniforms also tend to disappear with certain stances. I think it's just a clipping thing, rather than an actual glitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand_of_Fate View Post
Plus that insignia should change based on rank, which I'm not sure it does.
Agreed, and they certainly don't appear to.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 11:55 AM
i also get 2 spots from the pants clipping in front of the shirt where your butt is, on Female's at least.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 12:28 PM
My guess is that since it is an "admiral unform" that perhaps cryptic intended it to simply reflect and admiral rank and not have the rank insignia change relative to your actual rank. However, given that the rank pin displayed currently is that of a captain, and is also missing the special admiral fringes along the chest flap and left wrist, they'd still be off anyways.

Honestly, none of that is a major deal to me, but I have to admit the pants are in need of adjustment. Like others have said, they should be black, not Washed out gray. Right now the TOS pants look like a better match even without the leg stripe needed.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Just curious do you have to obtain the rank of admiral to use the uniform? Reason is I got the code and it shows as my account active, but did not see it in my Char. dressing room
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Ok just found out if you do have the Wrath of Khan uniform you can get it at any rank. Didn't adjust it much but it showed mine as a grey color..
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genosaurer View Post
Specifically, the bottom half does not look right at all.

At very least, it needs to be darker base (so that we can actually make the pants black instead of washed-out gray).
Contrary to popular belief (myself included), examination of actual screen-used costumes reveals that the trousers are, in fact, constructed from grey material (wool elastique, apparently).

You can view two close-up photos of screen-used WOK uniform at the bottom of this page:

http://www.startrekuniformguide.com/MOVIESII2.html
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Sure it needs some tweaking, but I just want to say how unbelievably COOL the uniform is overall.

Luckily it seems to fit my character very well, no clipping issues that I've noticed. At this point I can't see myself wearing anything else heh.

Pic: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2q8r01t&s=6
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 03:28 PM
I don't think that link is to actual screen used uniforms but rather a Star Trek fan's home made uniforms website.

Regardless of what the actual color of the pants are, in all visual representations of the uniforms (and even action figures), the pants are black. Much like in the TOS, Kirk's command division shirt was something closer to a greenish color if I remember correctly (I think they described it as avacado) but came across as more of a tan-ish gold due to how color's were broadcast to tv's back then. Well, every representation since has reflected what we saw, not what it actually was.

Hopefully, they'll make the minor correction to the pants and allow them to appear dark black :-)