Lt. Commander
# 1 Well I like it
02-03-2010, 02:45 PM
Its pretty good for a young MMO, aslong as cryptic keep adding content and expanding the game I feel my lifetime sub was worth the cash.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 02:53 PM
I agree. 100 precentile.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 03:01 PM
I like it, too.

I know some have criticized Trek sense in the game and said it was too much "pew pew" and other Internet MMO memes, but for me it is spot on. When I go to a mission like the one that ends with the "problem" being Flame Moth larvae in pods I really have a good time. At first I thought that storyline was going to devolve into me fighting some big space creatures as the mission briefing mentions them being in orbit around the planet. But it turns out it is a science mission with no fighting at all.

Sounds perfectly like an episode of Star Trek to me...even a lot like a TOS story instead of Enterprise or DS9. And I'm fine with that...it was fun and felt like my characters and the U.S.S. Amazonia were on the show. What more can I ask for?

BTW I don't recall the name of the mission but it is part of the patrol in the Regulus Block Sector. One more thing about Sector Space for all the naysayers out there:

That's astrometrics, people. Check it out in Star Trek: Generations. To me, that's a nice nod toward canon - just as the Romulan memorial and the Red Matter Reactor item keep the game tied to current canon.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Launch went MUCH better than I expected. The game has been pretty fun so far.

I really thought launch would be hell, but they proved me wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 04:14 PM
I'd like to see more episodic content like "City on the Edge of Nowhere", i.e. more structured, story-driven gameplay, but yes overall I enjoy the game.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Yeah, I'm nearing the end of that quest. It has been great so far.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 04:22 PM
I've played a few mmos. ****, Warhammer, EVE, WoW.... None of them really held my interest that much. Star Trek seems to be going well. We'll see what happens.