Lt. Commander
Hi folks,

Some things I've noticed about PvP that urgently needs attention/Fixing. It isnt nerfs its how I'm finding people playing.

Firstly I've seen Klngons and Federation do it and frankly its stupid where they take off their sheilds and 'run to the enemy' i.e Ezy Skill Points and they do 1 damage to secure it. This has to go or something to prevent it.

The solution is simple

A) Give something and a reason to Win. Losing = Half Skill Point's Gain not full like it is now.

B) Prevent the players receiving any points if it ends within a certain time i.e less then 5 minutes.

Bar that I'm out of ideas but its kinda ruining the fun for people if half your team just do it this way or Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Just give a good bonus to actually contributing to the game.

So there similar skill gain than now but if you donīt have done anything you get way less.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Won't change anything. When competing gives you something regardless of wether you win or lose it will always end up with the majority of players playing for the quickest possible game, win or lose rather than for a drawn out win.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 04:23 PM
I'm Klingon, so more often then not, we end up with a much smaller team then Feds, so what do we do? Kamikaze into the Feds, so we get our damage, sometimes a lucky kill and manage to get decent rewards at the end. Now if they changed this to have a base level of rewards, then winning gives a bonus and contributing a lot gives you more bonus to.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothnang
Won't change anything. When competing gives you something regardless of wether you win or lose it will always end up with the majority of players playing for the quickest possible game, win or lose rather than for a drawn out win.
Yep, hence the rather obvious solution of scaling the reward with the length of the match.

e.g.
- average match is 10 minutes, worth 100 SP.
- a match of 5 minutes is worth 50 SP.
- a match of 2 minutes is worth 20 SP.
- a match of 15 minutes is worth 130 SP.
- match is ended in a draw after 20 minutes for 100 SP to both teams, providing the score is high enough.

There'd no reason to have a short match, and a long match isn't a complete waste of time...