Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Fact is simply this: Even if you won half the matches as Federation, which you don't, PvP would still be unenjoyable.

The reason is very simple. There is no fun in being on the defensive by default. The only valid strategy the federation can persue is to all get into a big pile and wait to be attacked.

That isn't fun, even if you do win.

So not just for balances sake, but also for the sake of having a fun game cloak needs to get nerfed BAD. Federation ships need to have ways to pick fights, go on the offensive, gain the initiative, and in order to do that they have to be able to hunt down cloaked ships and be fast enough to catch them.

Ultimately it simply doesn't matter how the fight played out when the "fed ball" gets attacked. Even if they win 50% of the time, as long as that's the only thing Federation can do, PvP in this game sucks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Out of curiosity have you encountered many science ships in your PvP battles? I fly mine into PvP sometimes, and I am normally the only one their. But the science ship's ability to detect cloak gives the feds some edge.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothnang
Fact is simply this: Even if you won half the matches as Federation, which you don't, PvP would still be unenjoyable.

The reason is very simple. There is no fun in being on the defensive by default. The only valid strategy the federation can persue is to all get into a big pile and wait to be attacked.

That isn't fun, even if you do win.

So not just for balances sake, but also for the sake of having a fun game cloak needs to get nerfed BAD. Federation ships need to have ways to pick fights, go on the offensive, gain the initiative, and in order to do that they have to be able to hunt down cloaked ships and be fast enough to catch them.

Ultimately it simply doesn't matter how the fight played out when the "fed ball" gets attacked. Even if they win 50% of the time, as long as that's the only thing Federation can do, PvP in this game sucks.
I don't normally do shameless plugs, but you sound like the kind of guy that might like my idea: A no cloak Klingon tank
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothnang
Fact is simply this: Even if you won half the matches as Federation, which you don't, PvP would still be unenjoyable.

The reason is very simple. There is no fun in being on the defensive by default. The only valid strategy the federation can persue is to all get into a big pile and wait to be attacked.

That isn't fun, even if you do win.

So not just for balances sake, but also for the sake of having a fun game cloak needs to get nerfed BAD. Federation ships need to have ways to pick fights, go on the offensive, gain the initiative, and in order to do that they have to be able to hunt down cloaked ships and be fast enough to catch them.

Ultimately it simply doesn't matter how the fight played out when the "fed ball" gets attacked. Even if they win 50% of the time, as long as that's the only thing Federation can do, PvP in this game sucks.
So you are admitting that its not OP (since there are fed groups that clean up regularly) but that you just don't like it?

So can you do something other than complain? Offer a positive solution that doesn't require making Klingons your own personal easy mode shooting gallery? Some Klingon's have offered some good suggestions, do you bother to offer constructive ideas? All I see from you is constant whine...

Man up. Offer a solution other than a nerf. I dare you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-03-2010, 06:20 PM
they could get rid of our cloak altogether and it wouldnt worry me(hardly ever use it anyway) so long as we get hull/shield strength in line with feds along with easily obtainable gear and ship variation at tier 5
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ulogy View Post
they could get rid of our cloak altogether and it wouldnt worry me(hardly ever use it anyway) so long as we get hull/shield strength in line with feds along with easily obtainable gear and ship variation at tier 5
Mirror gameplay is pretty boring though. If I want that I'll play an FPS :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagaciouszzzz View Post
Out of curiosity have you encountered many science ships in your PvP battles? I fly mine into PvP sometimes, and I am normally the only one their. But the science ship's ability to detect cloak gives the feds some edge.
I acctually fly exclusively science ships, and I can tell you from experience that decloaking only works at between 2-3 km range, so it does absolutely nothing for you.

If a Klingon sees your fleet and decides he doesn't want to fight you, he just turns away and waits for his buddies while 20km away. No chance of being decloaked and killed there.

If a Klingon fleet decides to attack you, they come to within 5-10km, drop cloak and start picking off targets. No chance of being decloaked and killed here either.

Science ships do not give the federation an edge.

Furthermore, even if Science ships did provide a wide bubble of cloak detection for your fleet, like let's say 15km in every direction. It still wouldn't help you to go on the offensive, because Klingon ships are not only stealthy, they are also faster than federation ships, so they could still linger just outside detection range for however long they please without ever posing a target to you. Of course you'd have it a little easier to fight them than now if they had to cross a 5km threshhold to get to attack position while uncloaked, but on the overall, what matters in PvP isn't your HP or your damage or anything like that, it's your ability to pick fights, go on the offensive, gain innitiative and control the engagement. If you're not stealthy and you're not quick you can't do that.

It's kind of like those Gorn Augments you fight. Sure, if you just stand there they will pummel you into oblivion, but if you simply back off, and dance around them they go down eventually.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothnang
Fact is simply this: Even if you won half the matches as Federation, which you don't, PvP would still be unenjoyable.
I'm sorry but because you cant play the game automatically no other fed team has a 50/50 win rate?

Spam the forums with more QQ threads, but try not to insult both sides while your doing it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-03-2010, 06:23 PM
i agree but if they nerf cloak to the point that it is useless then i definately want something in return
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ulogy View Post
i agree but if they nerf cloak to the point that it is useless then i definately want something in return
300% damage bonus to Cannons on BoP's please
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:38 AM.